Fear and Loatihing In LAs Vegas

Discussion in 'General' started by WookiesAreCool, Jun 26, 2004.

1. although the production was pretty lousy i'd say fear and loathing is the best drug movie i've seen so far (besides the strong requiem for a dream.. that movie is so strong oh man..) i love the part when the two are in the car in the opening scene and dr gonzo drives out of control and you hear the engine rev.. trippy.. and "we can't stop here. this is bat country!" that movie has it's moments i love it..

i love when raoul is on acid and is asking for his suite ahhahah.. and when dr gonzo gets rid of the girl over the phone.. the moments in this movie man.. they're out there..

2. good fucking movie. if your lucky you can usually catch it on BRAVO. its on once every couple weeks or so. but damn..fucked up movie....

Luda.... how many times did you repeat the first part of the movie till you got all of your sig right....lol....

good movie tho... DEFINATELY one of the best movies to watch stoned. snatch is pretty good too... it just good to watch stoned or not.

3. Yeah I've only caught it on Bravo a couple times, and not from the beginning but I love it. I'm sure they cut some out, so I'm renting it this weekend along with my new bag, oh yes, quite dandy.

4. Fear and Loathing is a very interesting movie. I watched it a long time ago before i really got into drugs and didnt really get it, actually thought it was kinda dumb and hard to follow. but then over the summer i read the book. The book goes into soo much vivid detail, and as a user of some of the drugs they do in the story i could easily relate. Hunter S. Thompson certainly paints a colorful picture of insanity that is brought forth by imbibing mass amounts of psycadelic mind altering drugs in Las Vegas durring the early 70's. The movie really does not hold up compared to the book, though it still is very good. Its a dark comedy really, shows you what drugs can do. I love the Samoan atterney.

5. requim for a dream will freak you the fuck out. its kinda a depressing movie actually. yeah, uhhh heroin is a bad idea, after watching that guy get his arm sawed off with a medical circular saw due to his festering gang green heroin tracks i was pretty feaked out. that movie will mess with your head if you watch it when extremely baked.

IF you want a good movie to watch check out Easy Rider or The Big Lebowski

6. whats fflv about can you rent it what section is it under in like blockbusters

7. I just watch Fear and Loathing yesterday while sober for the first time(I have it on my computer). What a funny movie! I really need to read the book

8. the book kicks ass. Need to dl the film cos the first time I saw it I didn't really watch it- we ended up just talking over it.

If you want REALLY trippy though (I MEAN REEEEALLY FUCKING TRIPPY) then watch Yellow Submarine (not the music video- the film that the beetles made). THAT is fucking trippy shit when you're high.

Btw DON'T watch requiem (just my own view but...) It's too damn depressing. It'll kill the high. Watch it BUT NOT WHEN HIGH!!!

IMHO... Other good films to watch would be anything by Kevin Smith (fucking love JASBSB). Airplane and Loaded Weapon would also kick ass. For me being high is about comedy films or trippy films.

9. Pulp fiction
    Fight club
    FFLV
    Donie Darko
    Twelve monkeys
    (possibly) secret window
    Identity
    Snatch
    The mothman proficy

10. I watched Fear and loathing on 4 pills, and 2 lines of ketamine, didnt make much sense.

11. Good stond movies are half baked, dazed and confused, little nicky, dumb and dumber, joe dirt, and some of the 1980's classics like spaceballs and national lampoons vacation.

F&L is under the comedy section in best buy.

12. SPUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. I wish to strip you of your name as of right now.