Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Movies' started by T'Douchebargen, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Ok so I've just downloaded said film because alot of people on here have quotes/avatar pic/sigs etc of parts of the film so I thought I'd check it out.

Update: Im like 20 minutes in, this film is trippy as fuck already and I don't blame that dude for jumping out his car :p.

2. Hope you've enjoyed it. It's one of the best movies I have ever watched in my life.

3. one of my favorites. that, and BLOW is another fav for sure

4. I watched this movie before I started doing drugs.

I started doing drugs 1 year later.

5. That is a great movie, I have seen it multiple times :D

6. definitely a great movie, but somewhat of an aquired taste

7. No use saying anything about those bats, poor bastard would see them soon enough.

8. The thing that really got me was just how much Johnny Depp looked like Hunter S. Thompson. I mean, IDENTICAL. There was even a part in the movie where the real Thompson is seen a few feet away from Depp and you can't tell the difference. That makes for some real goddamned authenticity, my friends.

9. Amazing movie, for those of you who enjoyed it I highly recommend the book. Its even better than the movie.

10. Hunter S. Thompson is a genius. For anybody interested, you should check out the documentary Gonzo.

11. I can't watch F and L when I'm high, it scares the shit out of me.

12. #12 thosevacanteyes, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    Depp stayed at Owl Farm and lived in HST's basement before filming began for this movie, the reason for this was so Depp could mimic Thompson better. Great movie, Depp is a great actor, and Hunter Thompson was an amazing writer.

I must recommend the books "Better Than Sex" and "Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail" Two of my favorites.

-C

13. Both are very good. Hell's Angels is very interesting as well.