Fear and loathing in las vegas

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Icemant7, Oct 25, 2008.

1. is it not the trippiest movie you have ever seen

2. Yeah man, it's great. I don't think I've ever seen that movie sober, no joke. That movie is just too good.

3. I seriously doubt anyone on this forum has heard of that movie or book...

4. it certainly is, but crank comes in a close 2nd

5. What're you talking about? I've seen so many high schoolers read that book based solely on the fact that they heard that the main character does drugs. As for the movie, only my friends have really seen it but more people are starting to hear it because they heard Johnny Depp plays in it.
    You tell someone Johnny Depp plays in the movie and 2/3 people will be interested since he's so talented.

6. its good but so over the top lol

7. dude they are joking...you smoke weed, don't take people so serious. obviously people on this forum know about the book/movie, and yes, its a classic.

now go read the works of hunter s. thompson and you will learn much......

8. i actually just bought this again because my vhs copy doesn't work anymore lol. i swear every time i watch it i notice something new.

9. and when you say more people are starting to hear about the movie....well people,, TONS of people have known about this movie for a long time....its a classic

10. I didn't like it.

11. Where The Buffalo Roam = awesome

Fear and Loathing = not nearly as awesome.

As for the book... hit me up in a few weeks :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've seen this movie about 6 or 7 times. My roommate watched it for the first time the other night and loved it. He's already talking about seeing it again. Amazing movie thanks to amazing acting and voice over of Depp.

13. I watched it once sober - I didnt like it much .

14. I watched it once on acid. That was intense...

i've seen it sober about 3 or 4 times. my favorite movie of all time honestly.

Just a tip: Don't watch Pink Floyd: The Wall on LSD. It will destroy you and scar you for life. The rape scene, the freak out, the overdose, the hitler thing...the fornicating flowers, the walking hammers....jesus christ those fucking hammers!

15. Fuck all of you............hunter s thompson is much more than that. Don't read his books to hear about "awesome drug experiences" that you can have. Fucking assholes.

16. i love the ether part hes fucking trippin balls

17. Hey hey now, I just made a comment on the quality of the two movies based off the same book :p

I ain't part of the whole "awesome drug experiences" thing you mentioned. Hunter had an outlook on life, that is like you said, so much more than that...

That's what I appreciate.

18. I thought it was a good movie, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it again.

19. Exactly. The book in my honest opinion was better and shows Gonzo journalism in it's truest form.

20. hunter s thompson is amazing. id love to have a conversation with the guy. too bad hes dead..rip..
    fear and loathing in las vegas is one of my favorite movies i love it:D