Fear and loathing in las vegas.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Iceni Toker, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Hey, I just bought this on DVD and i'm planning to watch it tomorrow night with a few friends and a few bongs. What are your opinions on the film? Is it a good film to watch while high? And as little spoilers as possible please.

2. you will love it and it must be viewed high

3. If you like the movie, read the book. Its just as awesome, and has more insight in it.

4. Yep, whats better then reading a book like that while smoking joints. the movie is aight 2 but i like the book.

great post notbakedenough

5. Definately, I love reading high.

6. the book was great. i own it and the movie. big big fan of thompson

7. Yeah, i'm a fan of Hunter S Thompson. He has the best quotes.

8. #8 Pufnstuf, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008

i do to like : I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.

and - If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

9. This is a long one but I love how me talks about this being his breakfast and about how excessive it is. Just parallels the way he lived his life.

"Breakfast is the only meal of the day that I tend to view with the same kind of traditionalized reverence that most people associate with lunch and dinner. I like to eat breakfast alone, and almost never before noon; anybody with a terminally jangled lifestyle needs at least one psychic anchor every twenty-four hours, and mine is breakfast. In Hong Kong, Dallas or at home - and regardless of whether or not I have been to bed - breakfast is a personal ritual that can only be properly observed alone, and in a spirit of genuine excess. The food factor should always be massive: four Bloody Marys, two grapefruits, a pot of coffee, Rangoon crepes, a half-pound of either sausage, bacon, or corned beef hash with diced chiles, a Spanish omelette or eggs Benedict, a quart of milk, a chopped lemon for random seasoning, and something like a slice of Key lime pie, two margaritas, and six lines of the best cocaine for dessert…. Right, and there should also be two or three newspapers, all mail and messages, a telephone, a notebook for planning the next twenty-four hours and at least one source of good music…. All of which should be dealt with outside, in the warmth of a hot sun, and preferably stone naked."

10. one of my top favorite films. where the buffalo roam with bull murray is also great.

11. better viewed on acid, but watching it high is just as fulfilling, you just dont learn as much =b

enjoy the best/trippiest movie of all time

12. I was incredibly blitzed when I saw the film with my friend at his apartment, it was a surreal blur of insanity. I hardly remember what was happening, yet I recall everything - impossible to completely articulate what I mean, but it was definitely an experience. And the dialogue is fucking amazing.

In short, it is the epitomic film to watch high :bongin:

13. awesome movie man your gonna love ittt
    :smoking::smoking:

14. That movie is just kinda insane. I prefer the book as well though. I know someone who watched the movie and was literally scared. Just freightened and couldn't watch it. It's kinda funny. But yeah, Hunter S is completely out of his mind.

15. it's a really good movie. everytime i watch it, and that has to be at least 25 times or so, i see something different. there is just so much going on, so many subtle happenings that its hard to keep up lol. :smoking:

16. #16 Iceni Toker, Sep 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2008
    Wooaahh watched it last night and all I can say is oh my god it's trippy! I had a few bowls and watched it and it's just crazy, the camera moving around and at weird angles was trippy and the story and the whole film in general is just, like mentioned above, a surreal blur of insanity. It's hard to explain but man, thats some real eye opening, mind boggling shit haha. It almost seemed I was experiencing the drugs with the characters.

17. Haha Couldn't agree more, 1st time I watched it I almost felt like I took the adrenochrome with him.