FBI targets US Palestine activists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Sep 29, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Warrants indicate that investigators believe Molm and at least seven other activists from the Minnesota anti-war committee and other groups provided material support to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) and rebels from the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), groups the US considers terrorist organisations.

"My assumption is that material support means money and guns, but they [police] wouldn't explain anything," Molm told Al Jazeera. "I think the real thing is that they are trying to intimidate those of us who are standing in solidarity with the people of Palestine and Colombia."

Activists from Minneapolis and Chicago have been subpoenaed to appear before a grand jury investigation in October, after coordinated police raids on September 24.

FBI targets US Palestine activists - Focus - Al Jazeera English

Right to protest ?

Have the FBI not got anything better to do than intimidate/harass US citizens who dare to speak out/protest Israels action ?

2. good, jail them all :devious:

3. Why? You can't protest against oppressive governments in America?

4. This is a horrible read... 1 person was "targeted?" Seriously? You poor victims you!!! Oppressive governments in America? Bet they didn't think they were very oppressive when they received their citizenship. They will be protected under freedom of speech just like anyone else if the Gov. intervenes in their rallys

Let me ask yall this though. Do you think the government should do anything if people start burning Korans? Bet yall would want government intervention then wouldnt yall. Always the victims...

5. #5 NoHzee, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    1 Person shouldn't have been targeted. If people want to burn Qur'ans that's their deal. On that 9/11 burn a Qur'an day I as a Muslim supported their freedom to do so. But i didn't support the actual event. So no. I wouldn't want government intervention if people started burning the Qur'an. Muslims are only the victims when they have been victimized. Just like any individual. Individual rights before the rights of a group my friend. So in other words I don't care if you're Muslim, Jewish, Black, Christian, White, Arab. You're an individual and if you're an American citizen you have the right to free speech and stuff and you can do as you please. As long as it doesn't cause harm to another individual.

6. So what are your thoughts on hate speech, burning our flag (any of us)? And dont use the "offended" argument please since ill just come back and say im offended by these people protesting the "american war machine" which I was a part of and many of my friends have died for to try to help around the world

7. If you took the time to read the article linked you would have seen

Warrants indicate that investigators believe Molm and at least seven other activists from the Minnesota anti-war committee and other groups provided material support to the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) and rebels from the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), groups the US considers terrorist organisations.
    :rolleyes:

8. The government did intervene with the pastor that wanted to burn the Quran.

Sending a person expressing intolerant messages a $200,000 dollar "security bill" is a good way to shut them up.

9. 7 out of 300+ million? seriously? :rolleyes: I promise you there are more Jews, Christians or Panthers "targeted." No, targeting shouldn't happen but its for the greater good. Like this shit doesnt happen in palestine :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. Sorry, but as a Muslim American. I believe that the pastor had the right to do so. It's a part of free speech. The Gov. shouldn't have tried to shut him up. If other Muslims don't like that and that the Constitution would have allowed it go move somewhere else.:wave:

11. That was my point... IS that not a violation of freedom of speech?

12. And what pray tell is the greater good in "targeting" the US Palestine activists ?

13. What pray tell?

Supporting terrorism. White folks (computer hackers) get busted all the time for this kind of stuff

14. Little bit of a difference between the "Right wing terrorists" in the link above

There were about 2 pounds of deadly sodium cyanide, 65 pipe bombs and several remote-control briefcase bombs. They also recovered more than 500,000 rounds of ammunition and a collection of white supremacist books. If mixed with some of the other chemicals Krar had, the cyanide compound could have created enough poison gas to kill everyone inside a large office building.

and the US Palestine activists who had no weapons or plans to kill or blow up anything..

15. Exactly, that white supremacist could have spouted off his crap all he wants but he was going to harm another individual. So freedom of speech didn't protect him there. The protesters had no plans to and didn't harm anyone. So therefore they have the full right to protest.

16. He was going to harm someone? how do you know that?

17. If you read the bolded part his attempt was ovbious. Can you name some other reasons he would have all that stuff in his house? I'm for stopping it before it happens but only and I repeat ONLY if there is proof as clear as that.

18. My cousin has most of that shit...excluding the cyanide. He likes blowing up shit but as of yet hasnt hurt anyone. Well hisself once but thats beside the point.

Im sure when Molm travels to these countries who harbor terrorists she just goes to sample the food. How do you know these 8 havent helped terrorist with their agenda? You do want to stop things before they happen right?

19. Ok why did he have 65 pipe bombs and several remote-control briefcase bombs and cyanide? You sound like the government. Just because someone is an activist for something the government doesn't agree with doesn't mean their funding and helping terrorists.