Fayt's floro/CFL first ever grow!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Fayt, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Kinda posted in the wrong forum at first, you can see the start there, but will be updating this thread.

Original thread
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/206766-my-first-grow-not-going-so-well.html

Plants have grown a tremendous amount since last time! They are fuller, greener, and definitely healthier looking. I picked up some food that is 24/8/16 and will feed em today.

Only slight issue I have now is that the temp in there is 78 but will not go above 20-22% humidity. I know it is still growable, just cannot figure out how to raise the humidity. I tried spraying the walls down every hour and it went up temporarily, but dropped down very rapidly. I'm going to look into some sort of drip mister/humidifier shortly, see if I can make something for it.

Also, I was just wondering if it would be good to start topping some of these plants? I took pictures of the two in question, just not sure exactly how to cut them.

Attached Files:

2. They have grown TREMENDOUSLY over the past few days! Did a good soil flush, and started feeding them!

I might actually be purchasing a HPS/MH soon, so we will see how these plants go.

Man, I'm kinda uber excited to smoke a blunt of this stuff... granted it's only bagseed but the satisfaction of having my own grown weed will make it taste 10x better :smoking::bongin:

Attached Files:

3. I'm glad to see that your plants are finally growing. It's taken forever, but they're looking great man. I'm excited to see your grow go well. :D

You might want to start thinking about Top/Fim and a good LST. You won't regret.

Good Luck.

-tS

4. Sorry for the lack of update, been a lil busy. These pictures are from the 20th, but will take new ones later today when the lights turn back on. They change so quickly now!

Alright, started LST on the plants. Roughly the next day they had already turned up towards the light.

Oh yea! I kind of changed the lights around, because I didn't have the daylight 6500k needed for veg, so bought 6 of them and threw in 2 soft white bulbs for extra wattage. It is quite a bit brighter in there now! Every time I up the lumens I find more and more light leaking out of the box haha :D

First picture is of the new light setup, 6 6500k 23w CFL's (138 w 9600 lumens) and 2 2700k 20w CFL's (40w 3200 lumens).

The plants are looking healthy still. I am feeding with 3/4 strength right now but might up it to full soon.

When is a good time to start flowering? Since I just started LST should I wait until I have them all the way around the pot before switching to 12/12? And last question for now, what is a good NPK ratio for bloom ferts? I'm using a 24/12/16 right now.

Attached Files: