Hello Blades! Before we get into the tutorial for Faye’s coffee can cloner, I’d like to give a little background about how it came about. After a few grow cycles of learning how to grow the herb, I realized that like a lot of growers, I like to grow from clones whenever possible. The issue I had though was that I had a dismal success rate for cuttings that would take root. Eventually I found a fellow blade (Smokey4200) who showed me a really efficient way to clone in cups but for whatever reason, my rooting ratio still was not where I wanted it to be…so one day my good friend and also fellow blade Fayn2madness showed me another simple and effective way to get clones with high rooting success using a wide mouthed container, an aquarium air pump, air stone and non chlorinated water…that’s it!! No humidity dome, no rooting hormone, no leaf trimming…none of that extra stuff!! I had all the materials around the house except for a suitable wide mouthed container…then it came to me…I have an empty coffee can that I had just thrown away…so there was absolutely no extra cost to construct!! Over time, I made a few modifications to it and I also got some really good modification ideas from another fellow GC blade Papawayne who also made one . Now my rooting success ratio has been close to 100% with roots sprouting in as soon as 5 days!! I know that this is not the first ever DIY bubble cloner but it IS the first idea from my friend and I’d like to share it with you readers…so go with it! Because this was all originally her idea, I’d like to dub this cloner as “Faye’s Coffee Can Cloner” . Materials: Okay, here is the list of material needed. Hopefully you’ll have this stuff already laying around like I did (makes it so much sweeter ). -Coffee can with lid (you can use any wide mouth container for this but the coffee can looks good . Also, Papawayne came up with the idea of using the lid to hold the cuttings..thanks PW!) -Aquarium air pump/air line ( I used a wal-mart purchased one that cost approx $20. It can be used to for an aquarium up to 80 gallons or something like that.) -Air stones -Non-chlorinated water -Something to make a small hole in the can (drill bit, nail, scribe…whatever) -Blade -Thick sponge (not used before for cleaning). These will hold your cuttings in the lid so thick is better. Lets Get Started: 1. Take your empty coffee can and clean it out with fresh water then dry it. 2. Using your nail, drill bit or whatever, poke a hole in the can just beneath the top lip of the can. If you have an air pump with dual outlets like mine, make a hole on each side and run the lines through them and attach air stones. 3. Using a blade, take your lid and cut squares into it. You can make as many as you can fit. I cut my squares at angles in order to fit 6 squares for 6 cuttings at a time. Feel free to do more or less…its your call. NOTE: Once the cloner is fully assembled, you will be placing the lid updside down on the can (not the normal way for it to snap shut). This will allow you to remove the lid without disturbing the cuttings in order to view the root growth. 4. Using the blade, cut your sponge into squares that will coincide with the size of the squares in the lid. You want to cut the sponge squares slightly larger than the squares in the lid so that they won’t fall through as they get heavier once they soak up water. 5. Using your nail, drill bit or whatever you used for the holes in the can, poke a hole through the sponge. Take the blade and cut a line from the hole to the edge of the sponge. This is important because you will use this cut to open the sponge to retrieve the clone once it has roots! 6. Fill the container with enough water so that ends of the cuttings are submerged in the water. 7. Place the unit in a location where the cuttings will get ample light. I have found that cuttings don’t need a great deal of light to develop roots so my unit sits in a window where the cuttings can get light from the sun. 8. Wait a few days and check for roots. Be careful though. I have broken fragile tap roots off while lifting the lid to take a peak. I tend to get tap roots at 5 days!! The pic here shows roots at 12 days!! Note the orientation of the lid (upside down). Thanks Papawayne for the reminder! A Pic of the final assembled unit. So there you have it...Faye's Coffee Can Cloner! I hope that this tutorial will help someone out as much as it has helped me. Best of luck to you all!!