Favourite RPG?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by JKill, Aug 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Skyrim
    Fallout 4

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nioh!! I'm suprised nobody has mentioned this game yet lol

3. Dragon Age Origins, the last great Bioware rpg, I've played it to completion probably 10 times now.

4. #44 Vee, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020

the real issue here is the game makers just don't have enough 'life' experience
    shit goes down and you are expected to play a 'role' that sux

Really, imagine a life in weed where its forbidden to kill Cops ....lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skyrim
    Dungeon Siege
    City of Heroes
    Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
    Pokemon

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. You reminded me that I’ve put in over 500 hours on Skyrim and still haven’t ended the game. Guess I have time to get back to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gothic 2, 3, Risen 1, 2, 3 (1st/3rd person, heard they are getting remade)
    • DDO (MMO online, don't play since their updates and takes too much time)
    • Avernum series (newer ones; CRPG/tactical)
    • M&M VI (classic and still fun)
    • Ultima IV (kinda too old to play but still old school favorite that set a standard)
    • special mention for Age of Wonder III (not really an RPG, but this is my favorite game. Its a mix of tactical/strategy in fantasy setting)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Oh!!!! Classssic game! I had to look it up to remember it, thats awesome!

My new computer should be here this week or next week, I'll definitely download it and give it a go.

hope your doing well man

• Like Like x 1
  8. #51 Green Weed, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    First of all I've never played a RPG all high and toked out at least I do not think I have lol? It seems like you are all into post-PlayStation 3 era of gaming which's cool but I like really old school traditional RPGs. My personal favorites are:

• 1.) LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete I like really love this RPG a lot. I am going to write an Analysis for it later on later this year actually for what its worth. I love the company that makes it they're from a town in California. The lines are really American and nice. I like how believable the religion is in the game. The battles are turn-base which I enjoy and I believe its linear. All the characters are really legit.
    • 2.) Final Fantasy III (U.S., VI Japan) I think about this game a lot. The lines are really short and succinct and memorable and easy to memorize. Battles are fun. Turn-base. Linear. Fun. Memorable characters. Cool Boss. Very memorable boss with fun, catchy lines great laugh haha. There's animals. Totally believable towns and world with a strict government and everything no kings or monarchy or anything like that. Its not steam punk or medieval its somewhere in the middle maybe just modern with gears and vapor and stuff like that. Totally believable magic system. Accessories that rule and is believable like an ordinary item with power. Everything you could ever want in a RPG I think lol hahahahaha.
    • 3.) Dragon Warrior VII I just beat this yesterday afternoon its really good I am doing optional stuff for it right now clocked in at 163h50m. Hecka cool. I love long RPGs with a lot of line and text and words I don't know and I can look up immediately on my celly. Really long game but worth your while. The Japanese really know their games and RPG. I love Japanese RPGs and Japanese culture and everything about it its so beautiful and cherry blossom. I love old school traditional Japanese RPGs the most of everything in video game media its just so cool and awesome.

(Sorry for the long Post.)

This's my first Dragon Warrior series game bought it way back when and nineteen years later finally got the time to be able to sit down and play it and finish it to completion. Really awesome. And RPGs have great replay value. You can play it over and over again if you are indigent and save the lines to heart and share the quotes with people.
    • 4.) Final Fantasy II (U.S., IV Japanese) My girlfriend's older brother helped me out with this one. No instruction booklet manual no carton box not even a plastic lip but its one of my favorite for all the memories attached to it and its a pretty good RPG game overall.
    • 5.) Earthbound I love Earthbound I talk to myself about it all the time heh. The Japanese's view or take on, "America" is really spot on the mark the way the houses are, the streets the 'enemies' everything is spot-on and succinct and correct. They even call England a funny name in the RPG LOL.

Last one... its getting too long...

• 6.) Star Ocean The Second Story I'm writing for it right now. It has everything you can ever want in a RPG.

• Like Like x 3
  9. oh speaking of RPGs, the Knights of the Chalice is a great CRPG and they opened up their kickstarter today for the second one. I think I will go back them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dissidia Oppera Omnia

11. Gothic
    Persona 3
    Kagero Deception
    Final fantasy (mostly all)
    Dark Souls (all)
    Skyrim/fallout games (except online/76)
    Elex
    Dragon age (all)
    Divinity 2
    Path of Exile
    Lester the Unlikely (a pretty terrible game, but it stuck with me)

Rpg/jrpg are my favorite genres, will definitely be working my way back through this thread searching for hidden gems. Currently just starting tales of vesperia and really looking forward to Larians new Baldurs Gate.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey sorry I kinda wrote an incoherant post earlier lol, but I've just recently finished Secret of Mana and it was really really truly good. I loved everything about it the Mana weapons the elementals everything. And you only get three characters which rules... rocks... I hate too many characters it's a little I dunno un-strategic? I loved every bit every part of the game. And it was a game from my childhood it brought back so many memories.

Also I neglected to mention a really good RPG: Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean for Sega Saturn. I was thinking about my ranking and I think this's my #2 all-time favorite RPG it was just really good and I liked all the characters, the music was really good too.

13. I haven't really played it but I am familiar with the Final Fantasy series. I heard Final Fantasy VII is excellent.

14. Ragnarok is my favorite as MMORPG, and torchlight 2 for offline RPG, there's torchlight 3 now but I think torchlight 2 is better.

15. I've started into Octopath Traveler recently. I really love the graphic style, its great(Reminds me of the old Golden sun games for GBA) the story so far seems fairly straight forward. i'm only about 4 hours into it, so we'll see how things go. The combat seems fairly straight forward and simple so far, i really hope that changes because its a little TO simple for my taste right now.

I've also been playing a little bit of Hero Siege online with a friend Co-op, its fun just to kill time and chat with a friend. some old school nostalgia vibes from this one too.

Diablo 2 resurrected/D4 soon!!! Anyone excited?
    I think i'll probably just run the campaign on both and that will be that, never really got into grinding Diablo games.

• Like Like x 1