Favourite RPG?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by JKill, Aug 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. #1 JKill, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Hey everyone!

RPG's have always been a favourite game genre of mine.

Just curious what everyone favourite RPG's are? any system anything.

I got a list, heres the order of my list that its in. (Eminem lyric)

Breath of fire
    Chrono Trigger
    Final fantasy 3,7,9, and 10
    world of warcraft
    Diablo 2 and 3

Right now I'm playing Battle Chasers: Nightwar. really awesome game and unique take on the RPG genre. sometimes it seems too easy and then 2 minute later I can't believe how difficult it is hahaha

happy Wednesday everyone!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. FF7 Represent!!!

That game was amazing, and is still one of my favorites. I liked 3/6, 8, and 10, and played the shit out of Tactics, too.

Here are some more of my faves, seems like I'm a gaming generation before you:

Phantasy Star 4
    Shining Force 2
    Morrowind
    Bahamut Lagoon
    Skyrim

• Like Like x 3
  3. Never heard of Bahamut Lagoon, going to download on an emulator and give it a go. looks pretty cool.

I really hope the remake of FF7 is good... the trailers and previews look great.

But, if the combat system isn't turn based, and is anything even similar to what they decided to do for FFXV I probably won't even play it.

I CANNOT stand the battle system they switched to(if its not turn based its not Final Fantasy, to me anyway )

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. YES!

I really miss the older battle systems of the FF games. 8 was the pinnacle to me because of how customizable it is- nobody's really locked into the warrior/thief/mage paradigm, loved the weapon building system too.

I'm... not holding my breath on the remake. I'm honestly hoping for something kinda crowdsourced to carry the FF7 mantle, since it seems like Square forgot how to make RPG's shortly after the enix merger.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tough call! I’ll narrow it down to a few if I can...

FF6-9
    Chrono Trigger
    Alundra
    Soulsborne
    KOTOR
    Phantasy Star
    Vagrant Story

• Like Like x 2
  6. Anything elder scrolls, playing a lot of ESO lately and loving it. So fun to get zooted and dive in.

Love FF10, a fan of 3 as well. IDK if we’re counting the Wither 3 here, but if so that’s one.

Good stuff

• Like Like x 2
  7. Might and Magic 6
    Diablo 1 and 2
    Final Fantasy X
    Skyrim
    Fallout 4

Not really an RPG, but Medieval II Total War is a fantastic war game.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Awesome, which one?

9. The whole Total War series is a blast.

I think that Diablo peaked at 2. The original was revolutionary for its time with the levels having a different layout, but 2 just grabbed me harder than 3 has.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I'm playing Tales of Symphonia right now through emulator, it's been dope asf so far.

• Like Like x 2
  11. The first one. I’ve loved that game since I was a kid. I skipped out on getting a mega drive so I could keep playing it. I played the 3 MD ones eventually, but the first is still my fave. I’m gonna have to play it again soon - it’s been far too long!

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm going to have to give this series a try, can't believe I've never tried it before.

• Like Like x 5
  13. final fantasy 7
    legend of legaia
    final fantasy mystic quest
    wild arms
    tes oblivion
    tes skyrim

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Chrono Trigger
    Runescape
    Oblivion