Favourite 60's Bands and Songs

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by bchippie, Dec 26, 2009.

1. I keep hearing that echo in the minds of so many "I wish i live in the 60's" or "I was born in the wrong time" I'm sure there are people out there who hate the 60's and hippies but myself think that a lifestyle revolved around loving each other is a pretty good lifestyle if you ask me? The idea of taking psychedelics for mind expansion is my goal so its annoying when i admit i smoke weed I'm put in the category of a abuser or CRACK and METH!! So ya.... screw that stuff lets talk about some good music :smoking:

2. Theres some goos stuff in the sixties, in my opinion mid-sixties to early 70's is where its at, same on the car production during that period. As for bands Jefferson Airplane (later Jefferson Starship) had white rabbit,somebody to love, goodmorning vietnam and a couple others. "If you can remember anything about the sixties, then you weren't really there."-Paul Kantner. Jimi Hendrix (smoke out to the song 'little wing') is my favorite guitarist of all time, i have a blacklight poster of him on my wall with 3 blacklight T5's on it lol anyone that can shred that hard and be on that many drugs is truly a guitar god lol. Cream is good too, thats early Eric Clapton, pretty good stuff. Deep purple is worth listening to a few songs, they were the band who orginally wrote Smoke on the water (not a smoking song but a pretty good song). Beatles if your into them but not really my style. Pink Floyd first started gaining popularity during the late 60s and early 70s and i would definitely reccomend them for smoking, albums to listen to: dark side of the moon, wish you were here, animals, the wall. Their early stuff is pretty out there but i like listening to it on shrooms. However that era is rock/pychadelic rock and not all of it will be the best songs to sit down and rip out of a bong, but some of the best songs are also from that era. Also: Grateful dead, Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones, the Zep, People envy that period of time not only because of the music, cars, and drugs but because of the scene. There were anti-war movements and mass protests unheard of before in America. With anti-war being a common feeling among the youth, this created a new culture among the youth in america, experimenting with drugs being a major practice :D

3. watch dazed and confused, fear and loathing in las vegas, and Blow and you might catch a glimpse of what it was like

4. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN2RK7HvIaA"]Love - A House Is Not A Motel[/ame]

enjoy!

5. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uni5Nsy5U_I"]YouTube - Cream N.S.U. - Grande Ballroom (Detroit)[/ame]

6. Blue Cheer
    Black Sabbath
    The Beatles
    The Velvet Underground
    Love
    The Doors
    Cream
    Hendrix

7. Ya all that stuff is great i listen from 65-73 i think those were the best years and i was wondering why you dont really dig the beatles i think they are pretty far out and really revolutionized everything we listen to today they were amazing composers but not the greatest musicians i think is how most people who dont like them put it