Favorite Western movies?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Waverider420, May 24, 2010.

1. So watching alot of Western's all of the sudden and wanted to know what one's I might of missed out there. So here is a list of my favorite ones in no particular order

1) Tombsotne
    2) Quick and the Dead
    3) Dances with Wolves
    4) Serenity (it counts)
    5) Young Guns
    6) City Slickers (it's a reach I know)

2. Anything vintage Eastwood. I just really think if you want to have a collection of westerns, you must include a few Eastwood flicks. I shouldn't even name them for you haha.

Hmm, I am going to say 3:10 to Yuma but I've never seen it, yet I hear good things over and over. I don't know, maybe you can watch that and decide how it is..

I'll be back later with a list to add on to yours.

3. 3:10 to Yuma is an excellent film.

But the best western that I have seen is Unforgiven. Clint Eastwood westerns are the best.

4. Blazing Saddles, FTW! :D

Awww, c'mon, it should count, right?

OK, fine, fine...Quick and the Dead ranks up there in my book alongside Tombstone. Good list there OP, we've got a lot in common.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anything with Eastwood (got to meet him while he was fiming "High Plains Drifter"):D

Anything with John Wayne:D

"A man called Horse"

And there's one with Willie Nelson, I can't remember the freakin' title though:mad:

6. the cowboy way,into the badlands,the cowboy's,pale rider,the good the bad &the ugly,QUIGLY down under.

7. Jeremiah Johnson.FTW

8. :D
    :D:rolleyes:was a mountain man,not a cowboy.kick ass movie though;):p:wave:

9. open range
    tomb stone (Doc Holiday is awesome)

10. I hate the end shooting scene in Open Range. They never reload and shoot about 30 bullets from a revolver, it's ridiculous. Fuck that movie.

-Fistful of Dollars
    -Unforgiven
    -For a Few Dollars More
    -The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
    -3:10 to Yuma

Honestly anything with Eastwood is pretty awesome. :D

11. Fistfull of Dollars
    A Few Dollars More
    The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
    Tombstone
    The Professionals
    Wyatt Earp
    Young Guns 1 and 2

12. 1) the good, the bad and the ugly
    2) unforgiven
    3) a fistful of dollars
    4) once upon a time in mexico
    5) young guns (coulda killed ya dick, coulda killed ya)

13. broken arrow is great, it has james stewart in it i think.

obviously the clint eastwood films are great...emm, the man who shot liberty valance is great, the wild bunch directed by sam peckinpah is another great one...true grit ive heard good things about, altho i havent seen it. id say you cant go wrong with directors of westerns like sergio leone, john ford, sam peckinpah and howard hawks:)

EDIT: oh and another suggestion, a modern western from 2007(i think) with brad pitt in it: the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford. a very good film imo, enjoyable, brad pitt is better than normal!

14. I'll admit I'm no big fan of Westerns but I've seen just about all of Eastwood's westerns and they're great

15. For a Few Dollars More
    The Proposition
    Unforgiven
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
    3:10 to Yuma remake

New movies I consider westerns -

Heat
    Pulp Fiction
    L.A. Confidential

16. Outlaw Josey Wales! :p

17. Once Upon A Time In The West
    The Dollars Trilogy
    High Noon
    Rio Bravo
    Dead Man
    Unforgiven
    High Plains Drifter

One of my all-time favorite movie scenes
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MooNISe8aM"]YouTube- High Noon: "Waiting for Frank Miller" Sequence[/ame]