Favorite video game OST's

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Cold Pizza, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Hi all.

I'm a longtime gamer and music lover and have been pleased to find that many video game OST's are sufficient by themselves as far as listening goes. So I ask you GC, what are some of your favorite video game OST's?

Just to name a few:

Halo 3: ODST (This is the best in the series IMO, very different from the others. Amazing work.)

Donkey Kong Country (Aquatic Ambiance is awesome smoking music :smoking:)

Super Mario 64

and of course many many more.

Post your favorites!

2. final fantasy x, kingdom hearts 1 and 2 and halo series hands down games i can play forever

3. Final Fantasy VII and VIII, Also the Elder Scrolls Morrowind, And Oblivion. I have the oblivion soundtrack on my ipod and I listen to it whenever I smoke, It is really relaxing.

I advise you to check out Auriels Ascension, and The Glory of Cyrodiil, both songs that are on the oblivion soundtrack.

4. i loved final fantasy vii when i was a kid, over 150 hrs played and never beat it...i didnt want to

5. Yes! Jeremy Soule who did The Elder Scrolls series is fucking awesome.

6. WET was a boring game but had a badass soundtrack.

7. Final Fantasy 7 & 10, Castlevania: SotN, and Metal Gear Solid 3.

8. Yeah, of all the Metal Gear OST's, 3 was my favorite.

9. Halo 3
    Vice city
    CRazy Taxi

10. my personal fav is the Okami ost.

11. I have to agree with Donkey Kong Country, it being the best game ever made.

But I also really enjoyed the Mass Effect OST. I would notice when I wasn't playing, I'd still be humming the theme song.

12. chrono cross by far the best, followed by chrono trigger.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NITRZK8z0ek]YouTube - PLAY! Concert - Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross[/ame]

dkc 2: Diddy's Kong quest has awesome music too
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xa2wHCErJ8]YouTube - Music: Donkey Kong Country 2 Forest Interlude[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qH9FtgPpDQ]YouTube - Donkey Kong Country 2 - Stickerbrush Symphony / Top 10 SNES Music - 3[/ame]

13. Halo 3 was my fav for game play halo2 for sound rack and CODMW1 is a sweet shooter too

14. I thought it was good, but way too much fucking violin and classical shit.

I'm sitting here trying to put a Brute in his grave, and I can hear Mozart's 3rd Concerto, or some shit. :D

15. Donkey kong country for sure, soulblazer has pretty sweet music too. 2 snes game that I played a lot as a kid :)

16. Agree 100%. Chrono Cross is the only OST that I actually bought.

I also really enjoyed Half-Life 2 and Mass Effect.

17. Fallout 3 is by far my favorite sound track in a video game. The songs are great, work well with the feel of the game, and really increase your immersion. It's the only OST of a video game I've ever downloaded.