Favorite survival show

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by CJsmokeallday, Mar 26, 2013.

1. My personal favorite is Survivorman because he films his own show and actually survives. :D :wave:

2. Survivorman for sure...

Dual survival isn't bad either. Cody definitely knows his shit.

3. Man vs Wild.

(I'm aware of the controversy around the show)

4. Les is the man.

But I love DUAL SURVIVAL! They are great.

5. Survivor: amazon jungle edition

6. I dont watch much tv but when i do its Dual survival marathon

7. Survivor Man is my favorite. But Dual Survival is a close second.

Love seeing the two guys different approaches on survival at times.

8. Both Survivor man and Dual Survival are good shows. But if I had to choose between the two i think I would go with Survivor Man, maaaan.

9. Les Stroud's Survivorman.

He grew up and lives in my town. I've seen his off the grid place, man is it ever nice. That guy is living like a baller these days.

10. Survivorman all the way. The fact that he's upper 40s maybe 50 and carrying 40some pounds of camera equipment alone. How I see it:

Survivorman: very educational, real at the roots, slow at times

Dual survivor: educational, somewhat 'put together', funny

Man vs Wild: somewhat educational and very entertaining, not practical at most times

That British couple show: only thing right was the cute British lady

11. I second this

12. Les is great because its more realistic. Except for the fact that the amount of camera gear he takes limits him to some extent. imo he should use a gopro or something lol.

Dual survival is my favorite, you get the best of both and Cody knows some real good stuff, and is all about efficient use of energy. plus hes a boss with fire.

Fun fact: hemp wick is also great for a survival kit =D

13. Teen Mom

Edit: ^That was a joke lol

14. Survivorman has always been one of my favorites.

15. Survivorman all day! Fuck all those shows where a guy goes out for 2 hours with a camera crew and shows you how to make a shelter or some BS. Les goes out and really does the shit alone for extended time periods.

16. Survivorman, although bear grylls is pretty cool les is much more down to earth and realistic and takes passion in what hes doing. I havnt seen too.much of dual survival but what ive seen ive liked. Might be my next series on netflix

17. I have so much of a dislike of bear grylls for doing some of the stuff he does like if you even actually got stuck out somewhere I'm 100% that you wouldn't go jump in a quicksand bog or chase a snake to try and eat it - I'm a scout in the UK and we have him as our chief scout essentially to advertise and many people including myself think ray mears would be a better choice ?

18. I just feel likepurple haze Les takes passion in the outdoors and is actaully informative but bear is just all about showmanship its not even real. Les is the man. GO SURVIVORMAN

19. I can't remember the name of the show... but I saw a few episodes of this one show where this group of people were trying to survive up in Alaska I think it was, it might have been Canada.

I only saw one or two episodes, but really liked the group idea and the fact that they seemed to be going to be staying there for a few months at least.

It made me think of a "realistic" version of that show The Colony that used to be on Discovery channel.

20. The Alaska Experiment?

Out of the Wild - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I thought it was a good show......some of the people on it were pretty stupid though.