Favorite steam game?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by DoctaKen, Apr 24, 2012.

1. I have the next 2 days off work so I'm looking for a decent game to get into. I tried playing Dota 2 completely stoned but it turns out a grade schooler could outplay me like that haha. I haven't completed skyrim yet but I lost my save so I'm not looking to start new right now.

I bought Monday night combat during preorder and played around with it, I just saw they released a free to play different version with "super" in front of it. Im downloading it now but I'm wondering how it is considering it seems fairly new. Also Shogun 2 seemed to do very well, is it worth checking out?

I'm looking through their catalog for a decent game to get imerrersed in as I haven't played trough a game since I bought skyrim in November.

2. That Dungeon Defenders game was a lot of fun for a little while. The gameplay is pretty addictive if you're into stuff like that.

3. Portal and Half life series. Hands down the best games ever imo.

4. Civilization V is good. Modern Warfare 3 is all right.

Get Battlefield 3 if you're into FPS games. It's not Steam, but it rocks.

5. Civilization V: Brave New World and any Total War is where it's at.

My steam screen name is "Blitzkrieg"

6. WAAARFRAAMME!!!

7. Dark souls...... Best game ever :bongin:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Payday 2 is sick
    Steanid:"xxits_lethal"

9. #9 8ight, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
    Why must everyone make vague threads here as to what games to buy! Haha, you're just going to get a clusterfuck of games from all genres. But maybe that's what you want?

There's nothing on sale right now that I've played/interests me, so I can't make any recommendations there. The Divine Divinity series is on sale as a package. I want to buy the first game, but I'm not interested in the whole "package," so I'm passing for now (I own too many un-played games as is). 

Lately I've been playing a lot of Inquisitor. It's an awesome modern old-school ARPG. It was a bit overwhelming at first, but it sucked me in quick. No fancy action scenes or spoken dialogue like Skyrim, but honestly I consider that a breath of fresh air. I also like reading and dislike watching movies, so my gems may be your garbage... but if you like this stuff, Legend of Grimrock is another modern old-school RPG. Grimrock is a first-person party dungeon crawler. You won't be overwhelmed by dialogue here, as the "story" is very minimal. Just solve the puzzles and try to get out alive. :)

If you like ARPGs but don't want to go back in time with Inquisitor, Sacred 2 Gold is a blast. I originally played the game on PS3, but the Steam Gold Edition is far better. HUGE game. It's a very large open world which you're free to explore, though you will need to complete a few main story quests to get to some areas. And speaking of quests... there are TONS of them. And tons of loot. I like the character development too, just overall a great game IMO. Torchlight is a lot of fun too as another ARPG, but not nearly as massive as Sacred and it's a mostly linear game. 

I gotta include Civilization V, as it's the game that got me into PC gaming. I've logged over 100 hours to it, and it's a game I can come back to constantly and it's always just as fun. Turn-based strategy game, which is GREAT for if you like smoking up while you game. ;)

Edit: holy fuck, I rambled on and on. This is what happens when you ask a nerdy stoner to talk about video games! 

10. Dota2! OP dont get overwhelmed by it!

MOBA are very hard at first, with practice you will get better and its a really fun game. If you add me i can teach you a few things, im  bout to hop on since im banned from the PSN for a week lol

11. Payday 2 has been pretty fun. Better once you have some people added that aren't 12 and Fuck shit up haha.
    PM me if you get it and wanna play, got a few people that play.

12. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare fun as hell, fluid combat, funny trash talking emotes, unlockable weapons, highly recommend!

WARNING: No singleplayer, it is exclusively an online multiplayer game but that is what makes it awesome! :smoking:

13. Counterstrike. How could you ever go wrong with counterstrike. You can get the whole counterstrike discography for like 15 bucks

14. I know it's old, but Team Fortress 2 is free to play and fun as hell IMO. Them scout shenanigans ^^

15. I spend so much time on Steam it's ridiculous.  Here's what I've been playing most lately:

Team Fortress 2
    BioShock Infinite
    Portal 2
    Skyrim
    Borderlands 2

16. Kerbal Space Program is fun, especially with no end goal in mind. I mean, c'mon a space flight simulator stoned off your ass? That's all you need to keep yourself entertained for a long time! Plus it's only 23 bucks  :D

17. I really want to play Payday 2 but I've heard it's only good if you're playing online with people, all using headsets to coordinate actions.  I'll buy the game if anyone wants to play . . . 

18. I play Civ5 on steam

19. Counter-Strike 1.6