Favorite recipe for when you are high and want to cook and eat?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by cloudsurf420, Jan 13, 2020.

1. hey all, im a passionate smoker and an even more passionate baker and lover of cooking. I'd love to get some recipes bouncing around, dont worry they can be as simple or in depth as you like. Food is the universally understood thing it will taste amazing regardless of race, gender or culture, regardless of the ingredients and regardless of skill it takes to make. To start off here is my latest craze. you can include edibles but i personally don't really eat them and it was not what i was really looking for, but post whatever you want to, as long as you dont mind me stealing the recipe :p

Slow cooked Dr Pepper Pulled Pork

Ingredients

1 medium pork shoulder 3-4kg (i personally use gammon as it is cheap and tasty)

1 onion, sliced

Salt, pepper and garlic powder to rub

450ml Dr Pepper

350g good quality bbq sauce

First up you are going to need a slow cooker (or crockpot) and about 8 hours of waiting time, so it’s ideal to make overnight

Chop up an onion into small strips or dice then place at the bottom of the slow cooker.

Next take your shoulder and rub in salt & pepper & garlic powder all over. You can keep the hood of fat on it if you wish, but I removed mine by slicing it off – it can be used to make pork scratchings though!

Sit the pork shoulder into the slow cooker on top of the onions and pour in approx 450ml of Dr Pepper, it may not cover the pork completely but that is fine!

Put the slow cooker on low setting and let cook away for 8 hours (ideally overnight, or the start of a morning for your evening meal when you come home!).

Once cooked the shoulder will be tender, lift out onto a board and shred up using two forks….. return to the slow cooker, squeeze in about 350g bbq sauce and mix through with a wooden spoon.

Turn the slow cooker to high and let warm through for 30 minutes.

Serve the pulled pork in buttered crispy rolls with a good heaping of coleslaw! These were unbelievable & so good! Also goes great as part of a larger meal with charred corn on the cob and quinoa / rice!