Favorite Quotes

Discussion in 'General' started by Potato Skins, Oct 13, 2013.

1. I'm looking for some really deep and inspiring quotes. I don't really like looking them up on google because I feel like I'm not finding the right quote. So it would be fucking awesome if you guys could help me out by posting some quotes on this thread.

----------------------------------
    Roll, Roll, Roll Your Joint
    Twist It At The End
    Light It Up, Take A Puff,
    Pass It To A Friend!

2. "Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless; and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful."
    - Samuel Johnson

3. #3 llllllllll, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013

4. #4 J Roc, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
    This one

"I'm looking for some really deep and inspiring quotes. I don't really like looking them up on google because I feel like I'm not finding the right quote. So it would be fucking awesome if you guys could help me out by posting some quotes on this thread."

5. Don't let your tongue get your teeth knocked out.

When the people fear the government there is tyranny when the government fears the people there is liberty

Sent from my HTC One

6. Maybe none of these fit the bill, but hey..
    From my father: "Son you can drink vodka out of a water bottle in public, but you can't drink water from a vodka bottle."

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple."

“I felt like lying down by the side of the trail and remembering it all. The woods do that to you, they always look familiar, long lost, like the face of a long-dead relative, like an old dream, like a piece of forgotten song drifting across the water, most of all like golden eternities of past childhood or past manhood and all the living and the dying and the heartbreak that went on a million years ago and the clouds as they pass overhead seem to testify (by their own lonesome familiarity) to this feeling.” 

“Pretty girls make graves."

-Three faves from Jack Kerouac.

7. #7 Kuollut, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013

8. "If you are truly committed, you accept no excuses. Just results."

"You have power over your mind - not others. Realize this, and you will find strength."

"You could never tell that anything was wrong just looking at her, as she dresses clean and keeps herself tidy, and she has a smile on her face that hides her emotions and over the years has become an expert at hiding behind it."

"Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails."

9. "You're already dead. You're dead from the moment you're born. If you can accept that, you can accept anything."

10. "Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays."
    - Friedrich Schiller

11. "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
    - Frank Sinatra

12. I forgot verbatim

"He who humbleth himself wishes to be exalted"

by Friedrich Nietzsche

13. That is brilliant, I have never heard that before. It really speaks to me as somebody who wakes up hungover as fuck several days a week.

"Men do not care how nobly they live, but only how long, although it is within the reach of every man to live nobly, but within no man's power to live long."
                                      -Seneca (he lived from 5 B.C.to 65 A.D. and was obviously smart as fuck)

14. "Hating on anyone or anything only feeds hatred into our consciousness.. So before you go off about war, strife, or politicians. Keep in mind that its your anger that manifests these things into our world.. Be the change you want to see in the world. And before you blame the education system. The monetary system, or whatever else.. Go to the mirror and say.. The only thing you can change is YOU!"

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

"Morality is doing what's right regardless of what you're told. Obedience is doing what is told regardless of what is right."

"Violence is not merely killing another. It is violence when we use a sharp word, when we make a gesture to brush away a person, when we obey because there is fear. So violence isn't merely organized butchery in the name of God, in the name of society or country. Violence is much more subtle, much deeper, and we are inquiring into the very depths of violence. When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind." - Jiddu Krishnamurti (1895-1986)

15. "This is not an option nigga. If you do not smoke this we have a problem." Wayne Brady

"lets see how loyal a hungry dog really is" heath Ledger as the joker

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake" brad pitt as tyler durden

16. A closed mouth grows no feet- unknown

17. Hearts are broken by words left unspoken

18. "Happiness and sanity, is an impossible combination"

Sent from the Gods.

19. "Imagine"

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. As soon as you're born you start dyin, so you might as well have a good time.