Favorite Pink Floyd song/album

Discussion in 'General' started by Mean Mr Mustard, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Id have to say Dark Side Of The Moon is my favorite album, but my favorite song is probably "Shine On You Crazy Diamond part 1." What about you guys?

2. The Wall, probably. Darkside is a bit too overplayed :(

Fav songs probably Goodbye Blue Sky and Comfortably Numb

3. Comfortably Numb...fav song ever any band

4. I love High Hopes. great song.

5. I have a great two disc BBC bootleg which is, IMO, the best ever. Very similar to Live in Pompeii, but even more rich and organic. I might be able to hook anyone up that wants it. Just give me a PM if you are interested.

6. The Pompeii dvd is amazing. Whats the bootleg called?

7. BBC Archives July 16, 1970 and September 30, 1971.

8. Welcome to the machine is pretty sweet. Animals is such a trip to listen from start to finish.

9. Call me cliche, but Wish You Were Here will always be one of my favorites.

10. Noted :) Gonna try and 'find' them ;) Oh and random note, the 16'July'70 one, thats my birthday :) (well, '86 not '70, but still)

Naa, I hear you man. It's still a beautiful song even if it does get played to death. Really lovely to play on guitar, too.

11. I guess I'm pretty cliche as well, since my three favorites are Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here, and Money

12. Money haunts me. Once a week when I'm pulling into my driveway it will start playing. It's wierd, I never get to hear the whole song though, just the cash machine. Drives me nuts.

13. Luckily, it's a bootleg, so it's not illegal to download.
    http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29163&highlight=pink+floyd+bbc

There it is at Trader's Den, but it doesn't look like its getting seeded. I might be able to upload the MP3s if anyone wants it.

14. i dunno why but i really don't like "Money" it really dosent flow on that cd as good as you would think until the end of it when it goes into "Us and Them"

15. Real Music is for Old People.

My favorite is "Wish you were here"

16. Album: The Wall
    Song: The Trial (if you ever had a breakdown while on a psycadelic, you'll understand)

17. That song is exactly my mushroom trip that went bad. Scares the shit out of me.

18. You and money are destined to be.

I just listen to my iTunes on shuffle.. so I don't have to worry about the flow of the album :)

19. Exactly. Its such a profound and scary song, but that bad trip changed my life for the better.