Favorite Pink Floyd Album

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by elminster, Sep 5, 2004.

1. i like a momentary lapse of reason
    its not like most pink floyd, more 80'sish and a lot less trippy but theres something about it i like

2. The Dark Side of the Moon

3. The Wall

After reading the story surronding it, it just amazes me everytime I listen to it

4. Animals

<----:smoking:

5. id have to say dark side of the moon

6. Dark Side of the Moon then Animals

7. Too hard for me so I'll go with Echoes since its got a little of everything, but if I must chose a traditional CD I'll go Dark Side.

8. yah man, piper at the gates of dawn will do it.

9. a momentary lapse for reason is GAY. I'm sorry If that was taken as an insult but I reallly love floyd and lapse for reason has all of there gay bad songs man. just bust out some pipers, or ummagumma dude.

10. Thats a hard decision there all so amazing. I like wish you were here the best.

But atom heart mother, animals, and obscured by clouds are definitely up there

11. definetely Wish you were here. . .its so warm compared to dark side of the moon it feels comfy

12. Their Soundtrack to the film 'More' lived at the front of my record collection for years. But I'd have to say Dark Side is the pinnacle.

I dont really consider 'MLOR' or 'DB' to be true Floyd albums. If you ask me there can be no Floyd without Waters. Those are only called Pink Floyd albums because Gilmour won the court case to keep the name at the time. Waters's band at the time were far Superior. Just my opinion like. I heard a story once that at the time of the wrangle over the name Waters had 200 toilet rolls custom made with Dave Gilmours face printed on every sheet. Childish but funny.

13. What story?

I love the Wall. It's so fucking good. It's so fucking good you may have just convinced me to bust that out tonight after my smoke. I haven't jammed to that joint in a grip. Fantastic double disc CD, I just listen to it straight through.

14. Momentary Lapse of Reason is a great cd in my opinion.

I would say my favorite is probably Meddle.

15. Wow, there are almost too many to name just one. I'd have to say Dark Side of the Moon though. I saw Roger Waters play it all the way through and it was insane.

Meddle, Animals, Saucerful of Secrets, and The Wall are all great ones too.

16. The true list:

1.The Wall
    2. Dark Side of the Moon
    3. Wish You Were Here
    4. Animals
    5. Obscured by Clouds
    6. Meddle
    7. Saucerful of Secrets
    8. The Final Cut
    9. Atom Heart Mother
    10. More
    11. Piper at the Gates of Dawn
    12. Ummagumma

I don't really include Division Bell and AMLoR cause that's after Roger left, but I do like both albums. They would work in somewhere near the bottom of the list.

by the way, Obscured by Clouds is THE most underrated and under-appreciated Floyd album and everyone here who likes them has to listen to it, it's awesome.

I like all their albums though as they are my favorite band.

17. Animals
    Meddle
    DSOTM
    PULSE

in no particular order...i have every PF album and dvd at my house and it's pretty much all amazing

18. Go see the Australian Pink Floyd Show....better than Roger Waters in my opinion (they play greatest hits and then DSOTM all the way through FLAWLESSLY)