Favorite Movie/Book Quotes!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by WhiteDawg, Jan 8, 2013.

1. #1 WhiteDawg, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    Best literary lines from a movie!
    Give the book/movie title, quote and character

Cloud Atlas: A half-finished book is, after all, a half finished love affair.

2. Dark Knight

Joker: I believe whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you... Stranger

3. QUOTE THREAD!!!!

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” Bilbo Baggins

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” Gandalf

"I didn't think it would end this way."

"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

"Well, that isn't so bad."
    "No. No, it's not" Pippin and Gandalf.

Fuck I love J.R.R. Tolkien.

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” George RR Martin

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” George RR Martin

“The best fantasy is written in the language of dreams. It is alive as dreams are alive, more real than real ... for a moment at least ... that long magic moment before we wake.

Fantasy is silver and scarlet, indigo and azure, obsidian veined with gold and lapis lazuli. Reality is plywood and plastic, done up in mud brown and olive drab. Fantasy tastes of habaneros and honey, cinnamon and cloves, rare red meat and wines as sweet as summer. Reality is beans and tofu, and ashes at the end. Reality is the strip malls of Burbank, the smokestacks of Cleveland, a parking garage in Newark. Fantasy is the towers of Minas Tirith, the ancient stones of Gormenghast, the halls of Camelot. Fantasy flies on the wings of Icarus, reality on Southwest Airlines. Why do our dreams become so much smaller when they finally come true?

We read fantasy to find the colors again, I think. To taste strong spices and hear the songs the sirens sang. There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child who dreamt that one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and find a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and north of Shangri-La.

They can keep their heaven. When I die, I'd sooner go to middle Earth.”
    George RR Martin.

4. I'll play...

"There's what's right and there's what's right, and never the twain shall meet." - H.I. McDunnough, Raising Arizona, circa 1987

5. Victory loves Preparation - The Mechanic