Blues Favorite guitarist of all time?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Deleted member 1003865, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Jimi Hendrix, Chuckberry, Jimmy Page, and Slash. My all time favorites.

2. Chuck shuldiner... by far.
    Kerry king is the man too tho.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm a big fan of left handed guitarists. Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, and Tony Iommi from Black Sabbath are all great and I enjoy listening to live bootlegs by all those bands while stoned. And obviously Hendrix is the best ever.

4. An underrated guitar player, Brad Nowell.

5. [​IMG][​IMG]

These two dudes made me who I am

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Pete Townshend from The Who hasn't been mentioned. I enjoy so many I definatley don't have a favorite

7. Although I think the guy is an asshole I would say that Euronymous from Mayhem is one of my favorites. There is something about the haunting riffs he wrote that is amazing to me and almost every black metal band since the early 90s has used his riffing style. Too bad he was murdered for being an asshole and didn't get to write more than 1 album and an EP.

8. Jimi just had such a creative flow of playing. I can't understand how one could be that talented as a songwriter. The guitar was almost like his second voice

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Leo Kottke

10. Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buckethead, and Santanna

• Like Like x 1
  11. #31 SpadeJM, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Ace Frehley and Dimebag Darrell
    5d565b6248b214ad909ee83d7bf9ebd1--ace-frehley-guitars.jpg 4e7fd7cdada34569a0a06f0f1ea67778.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Peter Green

14. Hendrix.

Followed by.
    Frank Zappa, and Jeff Beck

Prog Rock?? Robert Fripp.

15. Holy Shit! Bob Ross is the only SRV fan. I always liked SRV's stuff but when I saw some of his live performances I really fell in love.

Ever seen this? If you like guitar playing and haven't please watch. He finishes most of the end of the song behind his back. It's pretty amazing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I love how much ass he kicks before a word is ever said. The intro is 2 minutes of shredding.

17. Right now it's Lou Reed. He might not be as virtuosic as some listed here, but he's undeniably awesome even though he's not a shredder. Just tasty gitar work that works perfectly with his musical style. I think he was epic.

18. One of my favorite parts of that video is way deep into the song he's shredding away and he hears something he doesn't like, mid riff pretty much, he just retunes one string and keeps going almost seamlessly.