Favorite drug movie?

Discussion in 'Stoner Movies & Documentaries' started by 420smoker87, Sep 20, 2009.

1. lock,stock two smoking barrels

2. what are you on?... not just your opinion, but your grammar's pretty messed up.

3. Nothing beats Trainspotting.

4. alpha dog. it was alot better then i thought it would be.

5. Has anyone seen Growing Op?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQZkxVzFBx0"]YouTube - Growing Op - Trailer[/ame]

6. New Jack City with chris rock as a crack fiend

7. I forgot to say Grandma's Boy! Ahhhhhhhh

8. Requiem For a Dream was a really intense movie, i loved it.

9. I've checked out a few of the movies on this thread like A Scanner Darkly and Trainspotting, both decent movies, esp. trainspotting. I just don't like all the depressing drug movies. Trainspotting, Requiem for a Dream, A Scanner Darkly, Spun, all good movies, but too damn depressing. I like the upbeat drug movies like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. But I can understand why all the drug movies are depressing, the cinema doesn't want to go around glorifying drugs.

10. Blow hands down.
    Grandma's Boy for a funny one :p

11. 1st:Cheech and Chong: Up in Smoke

2nd:Fear and Loathing

12. Trainspotting.:hello::hello::hello:

13. A Scanner Darkly

14. A Midsummer Night's Rave

15. yeah same here, past 2 days i watched: fear and loathing, requiem for a dream(friennd told me to watch that), grow op and the wackness...i really liked fear and loathin and requiem for a dream a lot, the other 2 were good...

but another reason all the drug movies are depressing is because in all the movies its dealing with addiction and there really isnt a good side of it...if your addicted to a deadly drug...your either gonna fall to it, or get over it..there isnt really a middle ground

16. That's why there needs to be more movies about heavy psychedelic use like Fear and Loathing, because plenty of people just use psychedelics to get fucked up without going overboard. They don't have to be depressing. I love stoner movies don't get me wrong, but when I compare any weed flick to Fear and Loathing, F&L blows it out of the water every time. I just love them psychs and love watching them in cinema.

17. Fear and Loathing :3

18. I'm going to say my favorite is Blow

19. This man took the words right out of my mouth.

I was coming in here to post about how I think fear and loathing is too hyped up by stoners and Blow is the greatest drug related movie of all time.

OF ALL TIME

20. i'll go with belly, belly 2 for laughs, and scarface and some more shit but fuck it:smoke: