Favorite Bushisms

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bkadoctaj, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Post your favorite Bush quotes up here.

Some might make you laugh, others might make you cry... but it's our President nonetheless.

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream. - George W. Bush

But oftentimes I'm asked: Why? Why do you care what happens outside of America? - George W. Bush

I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office. - George W. Bush

A lot of times in politics you have people look you in the eye and tell you what's not on their mind. - George W. Bush

I'm oftentimes asked, What difference does it make to America if people are dying of malaria in a place like Ghana? It means a lot. It means a lot morally, it means a lot from a -- it's in our national interest. - George W. Bush

I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas. - George W. Bush

2. "There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."

3. "My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast, in fact, that economists worry that we're going to run out of debt to retire."

4. I love all the nicknames he gives people.

My favorite is either Turd Blossom which he gave to Karl Rove, or Pootie Poot for Vladimir Putin. I mean come on, the guy may be a complete doddering tool, but he is a funny fucker!

5. "Should the Iranian regime-do they have the sovereign right to have civilian nuclear power? So, like, if I were you, that's what I'd ask me. And the answer is, yes, they do."
    - July 2, 2008

"Thank you, your Holiness. Awesome speech."
    - (to Pope Benedict XVI), April 15, 2008

"Wait a minute. What did you just say? You're predicting $4-a-gallon gas? ... That's interesting. I hadn't heard that."
    - Feb. 28, 2008

"We're kicking ass."
    - (on the security situation in Iraq), Sept. 5, 2007

"I'm going to try to see if I can remember as much to make it sound like I'm smart on the subject."
    - (on the possibility of a flu pandemic), July 10, 2007

"My relationship with this good man is where I've been focused, and that's where my concentration is. And I don't regret any other aspect of it. And so I -- we filled a lot of space together."
    - (on British Prime Minister Tony Blair), May 17, 2007

6. #8 Perpetual Burn, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
    "In my line of work you got to repeat things over and over again for the truth to sink in... to kind of catapult the propaganda."

On a talk with Vladimir Putin:
    "I sat down with him and I said, 'Look Vladimir'- I call him Vladimir."

After one of his father's fundraisers while apparently intoxicated answering the question 'What do you think about the American people?:'
    "I love the American people. It's an election year right- yeah, I love the American people... good tax payers."

7. Sorry I can't embed this, so many to choose from. Nobody makes it sound as bad as dubya does it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z43VdkPbme4&feature=related

My favorite lie of his though, is when he swore under oath to protect the US Constitution from all enemies both foreign and domestic. What a joker!

He's told that one twice now.

8. A quote made in the months leading up to the 2000 election:

"I don't think our troops ought to be used for what's called nation building."

9. [​IMG]

I thought this was appropriate and funny as fuck.

10. "And they have no disregard for human life." --George W. Bush, on the brutality of Afghan fighters, Washington, D.C., July 15, 2008
    "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter." --George W. Bush, in parting words to British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and French President Nicolas Sarkozy at his final G-8 Summit, punching the air and grinning widely as the two leaders looked on in shock, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008
    rarely is the question asked is our children learning - george bush