Favorite breed of dog?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Im Stoned, May 5, 2012.

1. Definitely the Doberman, They're so smart and loyal.

2. [​IMG]

My Stafford-shire Terrier, Razors Edge bloodline. Amazing temperament. He was attacked by a St Bernard and dropped to the ground whining, but if you come near me or my ex when we're asleep you'll lose a hand lol best dog ever

3. American Pit Bull Terrier.
    I will never own any other breed.

[​IMG]

4. Awesome! :cool:

5. my siberian husky Sam, and my German Shepherd gbl sasha

Attached Files:

6. they also can control their metabolism so if food is of short supply they slow it down comparable to a python witch eats every other week;)

7. this is hard I love all aminals,I have 3dogs
    an a cat

my dogs are chihuahua,chocolate lab an weiner dog
    theyre all equally cute but my fav type of dog is
    prob a weiner dog..I <3 them all the same tho =3

8. #48 Rotties4Ever, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    <-----

also people are going to hate me for this and call me ignorant but the fucks i give are none and void.
    Shame on you if you spay or neuter your pet.
    A lot of breeds here are common and it shouldnt be that hard to find your pet a mate,
    This applies to me as well, I plan on breeding my boy, hard to find female rotties.
    Sadly around where I live people prefer rats on leash, tiny dogs with an even smaller brain, that dont do much but bark none stop/

9. Corgis, Boston Terriers, and French Bulldogs.

10. not that i've ever had a dog myself, but my mates utonagen wins hands down for me

[​IMG]

11. I love my saint bernard & golden retriever mutt Willie...

[​IMG]

But I want a Bull Terrier..

[​IMG]

12. [quote name='"Rotties4Ever"']<-----

also people are going to hate me for this and call me ignorant but the fucks i give are none and void.
    Shame on you if you spay or neuter your pet.
    A lot of breeds here are common and it shouldnt be that hard to find your pet a mate,
    This applies to me as well, I plan on breeding my boy, hard to find female rotties.
    Sadly around where I live people prefer rats on leash, tiny dogs with an even smaller brain, that dont do much but bark none stop/[/quote]

Not spaying a female dog can lead to internal issues like puss in the uterus. And not nutering a male dog can lead to aggression and in some breeds like saint bernards the hormonal aggression can spiral out of control.

On top of it not fixing your cats is a death scentence to the litters the cat produces. They can nurse and be pregnant at the same time and they basically breed like rabbits.

Many dogs and cats get put down daily at least 5 every day in every shelter that isn't no kill... and that's just a good day. How do I know? I worked at the humane society as a the tech. There is so much dog and cat over population due to human stupidity such as yours. Leave the breeding to reputable breeders who breed for the love of the dog. Dont do it yourself, don't go to a pet store, don't get a dog from a backyard breeder.

There are SO many pure breed shelters for people who want a full bred dog, and certified breeders where you can get dogs that are well taken care of.

Oh and we had your precious full bred female rott at our shelter, her name was Nana. know what happened to her? We kept her around because she had a wonderful personality, was pure bred, and didn't have a mean bone in her body. She sat there for months, nobody took her out to play, people were actually scared of her because of her breed. One day we got overrun with dogs coming in and we needed space, which is the worse thing in the world. You have to pull so many dogs to make room for the new ones, and we just couldnt keep Nana anymore.

So next time you concider breeding your dog think about Nana and the rottweiler rescues over run with perfect dogs. Dying or sitting alone in a cage because you along with many others don't realize the damage humans are causing to their overpopulation.

People like you make me sick. I'm on the other end of your repulsive ideals. I'm the one cleaning up your mess. I'm the one watching these dogs sit in cages because like you said, its not hard to find a mate for your dog there are lots of dogs, but there aren't enough people wanting dogs to warrent everyone thinking they are all of a sudden a god damned breeder just because they get a dog. I'm the one that will have to euthanize one of those puppies because you were ignorant and bred your dog. I'm that person, and people call ME the monster. Well if it wasn't for people like YOU I wouldnt have to do the things I do. For every litter your dog has you can bet the amount of 3 litters dies.

And don't get me started on cats, at least there aren't loads of feral dogs breeding out of control, ive witnessed the euthanasia of 5 adult females and each of there litters in the span of ONE day. Find me enough people to adopt all these pets and then you can tell me that spaying and neutering is wrong.

So shame on you. Shame on you for NOT spaying and neutering your animal. Just don't forget about the people cleaning up your mess after your dog is done creating 5 litters at least in its lifetime and there isn't enough permanant homes to go around. So your dogs come to me, and sit and wait, for someone to adopt them.

13. #53 Rotties4Ever, May 10, 2012
    Before i begin breaking this apart,
    i would like to say ahead of time
    I am going to enjoy this

show me studies shown on dogs not fed garbage excuse for food like rice and corn and "chicken meal",

So I should nueter my dog because other people possess less intelligence then a tree?
    gotta love that kind of backward logic, makes for a great deal of entertainment
    I was going to some what agree with this statement, but how am I stupid? and how do I help contribute to this problem?

who decides to say who or what qualifies as "reputable"?
    unless God came and told me so....
    whos to say I cant be "reputable"
    all it is, is being responsible for your pet, which mainly to me means feeding proper nuitrition, and visiting a vet that is not corrupt and tell me that feeding my dog corn is good idea...

Show me one in Toronto?

People. People. Are.Stupid.
    The thoughts and opinions of other people, especially stupid people is irrelevant to me and this discussion, try to refrain from typing rubbish about people.

First things first,
    a dictionary lesson

[​IMG]

And your precious humane society is a sad poor sad excuse for a facility,

Killing them with kindness - The Globe and Mail

Animals were collected like stamps and suffered to due to lack of resources and common sense,
    does that mean all humane centers are like that?
    well if I follow your logic....that seems to be the case.

I like how you you feel so confident like you know me personally or you know something about me, based on a bold statement like
    I dont believe in neutering my boy, it shows that your grasp of intelligence and logic is huge, and that I absolutely have to agree with everything you say.

-edit I would make a wager and say that the ingredients found on the food you feed your pet (assuming its a cat or a dog) will have corn/rice/"meat" meal as one of its prime ingredients...

-edit2 should we perhaps start neutering people yet? seeing as they cause the most problems,
    I think it makes more sense to neuter members of society, then it does animals.

in conclusion IF people became more responsible and mature, and a lot less egotistical arrogant assholes, I see no reason why we cant stop neutering all together,
    regardless of how many reasons people make up against it, it all comes down to convience.
    Its much more convient to neuter and forget, then it is to man up and be responsible

14. #54 SniperKitty, May 10, 2012

Your stupidity lies in telling people that they shouldn't spay or neuter their animals at all. "Shame on you for neutering your animals" was it? Yeah that's real responsible thinking, I'm happy that we have deduced you really aren't fit to breed any sort of dog.

On the topic of shitty pet food, don't blame me, I didn't make it. My animals get better food than I get put on my table. People don't realize that certain animals can't get nutrients from things. While dogs can eat meat and vegetables, a cat which is still rather feral should really eat only meat, yet you see all sorts of vegetables and such and the taurine an important substance for a cat is WAAAAY down at the bottom. I don't control the pet food companies, so it's not my fault that people feed their dog shit. But regardless that has nothing to do with the hormones going through a dogs body due to not being neutered.

You talk about being "responsible with your pet" but you want to breed him? When there is more than an abundance of dogs. That shows that you're just selfish.... let him mate, create more dogs without enough homes, let the puppies figure it out, as long as your dog gets to mate? You gotta watch out for YOUR pet, but not it's offspring.

As for the shelters being shady, yes, some are, a lot are actually. But so are backyard breeders that mass produce dogs. So is almost every business in America, welcome to life. You might as well generalize it as that. I worked for a shady ass veterinarian, working off a suspended license, and I could show you pictures of some of his own personal animals that lived there that would horrify you.... The animal industry is very shady, it's unfair to the animals, and creating MORE animals to suffer through things like that because there isn't enough owners isn't responsible.

Sounds to me like you're some 20 something kid who has dog that he wants to breed. Nothing more, don't give a shit about the problems you cause, as long as you get to mate your dog. Well that's fine and dandy, but I do believe you are stupid, and you made no statement of "not wanting to neuter your boy", you came in telling EVERYONE "shame on them" for fixing their animals. So don't act all high and mighty, dancing around the true problem of overpopulation and your irresponsibility to not only not neuter your dog, but to tell others not to as well.

:edit: ive worked in a clinic that catered to REAL breeders and every one of them got their puppies fixed before selling them. Even THEY know spaying and neutering is best.

15. Husky's and Boston Terriers. I don't know. I have a boston terrier named Tyrone. Has a pimp spiked collar.

16. #56 Rotties4Ever, May 10, 2012
    sounds like someone needs to take a reading comprehension class or two, what you;re saying is that I should not breed my dog because of what other people do,
    when i keep telling you other people dont count for shit,
    how do you know that the puppies will be in shelters or on the streets?
    again I dont know where u are but in toronto, there are no shelters filling up with rotties....

-edit i guess folks in toronto are a lot more bright then southern ohio on the average, because it sounds like a lot of stupid irresponsible dont know how to properly raise animals,
    how is this for an idea
    how about educating them about the responsibilities of owning pets, again like i said this is all about convience
    its much more convient to take the easy path and suit the human shit race, then to be responsible.

btw calling blade names is against the forum rules fyi,
    perhpas you should go read them over.

17. #57 MotaMike, May 10, 2012
    Mine is a rescue APBT mix and they have to be spayed.
    Even if she wasn't I would still have her spayed as they tend to live longer and there are far too many dogs already waiting in shelters who will be euthanized for nothing more than having to make room for more homeless dogs because of ignorant backyard breeders who have ruined this sweet breed's reputation. I would only breed my dog if it had champion bloodlines, other than that it is a waste to me personally. Sorry but it's a pet peeve of mine with this breed. Second is the garbage kibble that people feed their dogs but that is for another discussion. :)

18. I tend to prefer the personality and temperament of mongrels generally speaking.
    My favourite dog of all time was a mongrel, and I've enjoyed the company of many.

For actual breeds, it's hard to go past the intelligence, loyalty, beauty and sensitivity of a German Shepherd...though I am somewhat biased, I grew up with a couple of these...and one took numerous bites in the mouth for me when I was about to be attacked by a rearing Sydney funnel web spider. I was 4 years old - this thing would have fucked me up.
    I literally owed that dog my life.
    That and, I really appreciate intelligence in a breed - they're maybe one of the most trainable and thoughtful breeds I've encountered.

My second breed of choice, I like for quite different reasons.
    The (english, not sure on the americans) staffy, or staffordshire terrier.
    They are VERY energetic, they're a hardy dog for their size, they are super friendly and affectionate to almost everyone they encounter.
    They are FUNNY to look at - they also behave in a bit of a silly way that's always entertaining.
    They are VERY attached to their families, and just crazy-loving dogs to be around.
    To be sure, they don't quite have the smarts of a shepherd...but, they're "ok" clever...a less brainy dog but I have to give them points on enthusiasm and sheer affection.
    I'd say overall, they are the friendliest breed I've encountered.
    I also think they have beautiful eyes, they make funny and rather unique sounds, and they're fun to dangle on a rope.

19. Sorry but I doubt you've even stepped foot in a shelter, rotties are everywhere, but they are the most likely to be put down aside from Pitts, doberman pincers, and other "dangerous" breeds.

You try to come and sound so mature, wanting to breed your dog claiming that you're a responsable pet owner. Yet you say you only take care of your dog, forget about the puppies, that isn't your problem is it? Even though it's the problem you created. Also coming on a forum telling people NOT to spay and neuter? Yeah you sound SO mature to be breeding an animal. Even breeders fix their puppies before selling them because they know the importance of pet population control, you don't seem to have that knowledge so you like many others, breed your animal believing your dog is the greatest thing in the world and he needs to make PUPPIES! Everyone wants a puppy until its grown or until they get bored with it then it ends up in the shelter. Along with the other dogs that people don't want. Then those puppies will most likely end up euthanized due to the breed.

Your ignorance about the issue of overpopulation and fixing your animal show what an irresponsible pet owner you really are, and further proove that you should not breed your dog.

And if you think animal abuse, overpopulation, and lack of permanant homes is ONLY apparent in Ohio :laughing: You obviously are too oblivious to be breeding your dog. Take off that blindfold you've been wearing and wake up to the real world.

To everyone, enjoy your dogs and cats, love them. They aren't something that can be thrown away. Spay and Neuter, your dog is lucky to have you, but it's puppies may not be so lucky. Most people own a pet, which is wonderful, except when you realize HOW MANY more need homes, and cats and dogs are breeding out of control. There isn't enough homes for all the pets, and since being domesticated, dogs and cats don't die off so when they have babies finding them a home is very very difficult. Enjoy YOUR dog, be happy that it has a forever home and love it the way it loves you. Don't add more to the problem, because your dog is so lucky to have you, not every dog is that lucky, and more puppies just creates more dogs that there isn't enough homes for.

20. ^facepalm...
    again
    this all due to irresoposibilities of ignorant people
    pets should not lose thier balls, because you're too lazy to educate your self on proper responsibilities,
    you cant tell me with %100 certainty that all puppies go to shelters and ive yet to see a rottie in a shelter,
    keep posting the same rubbish, about how pets should be spayed because people are morons
    really great logic right there
    gonna go far in life
    i can tell