Favorite breed of dog?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Im Stoned, May 5, 2012.

1. That sounds like a good thing to me. If I ever live in a house instead of an apartment, sure as hell I want a dog that will protect me as best it can and not run or just lick any intruder to death.

2. #342 badboy287, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
    Caucasian ovcharka(Caucasian shepherd), and Kurdish kangal

Oh yea also cane corso, and German Shepards. Damn I love all big dogs I can't pick just one,

3. Although our dogs are a big part of our family, they live outside. They serve as an alarm system and keep wildlife away from our house and barn. It's funny after hearing them bark and carry on we can tell what sort of threat they are warning us about. On a recent afternoon I heard Rocco, the pit, really going off with a weird yelping bark, I looked out into the pasture and saw him running behind and jumping onto the back of a young, probably 150# black bear. I only saw them for about 2 seconds and haven't seen the bear since. That's why I think he would be a fearless protector....

4. Caucasian shepherds are ridiculous. They look cool but should never ever be a pet.

5. Labs and pits have the stamina to live outside for sure, but they're way too people oriented to be outside that often... :/ Not trying to start anything, but I do not think a lab could ever be 100% of what it's meant to be living outside.

6. [quote name='"leigh"']Hahaha, the image of a corgi herding is definitely funny. They nip at cows' heels, just like cattle dogs (hence their other name blue heelers).

Thank you :3 my dogs are my babies. Especially my boy Ace, he's the cutest of all!

[/quote]

He looks so happy! Haha I always say when my jack Russell does that he is laughing haha my wee pal! Lol

Attached Files:

7. I love the dogs with the beards.

[​IMG] different types of Terriers [​IMG]

I want a dog with a beard so bad.

8. #349 TheAtmansPath, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
    I like these guys: [​IMG]

Otterhounds ^
    sorry...had to remove...

Spinone Italiano

and

[​IMG]

Dogue de Bordeaux

9. I LOVE Spinone Italianos :3

Adorable jack russell, by the way.

10. But you don't know me or my dogs or my relationship with my dogs. I am outside with them more than I'm indoors. I live on a farm and my nearest neighbors are a half mile away, they provide security for us. They are not penned or tied up and are in a perfect dog world. I see from your location that you are in the suburbs of a large city, from your perspective I can see how you may feel that a dog being outdoors could make them feel neglected or not loved by their humans, that is not the case here.....

11. [quote name='"leigh"']Caucasian shepherds are ridiculous. They look cool but should never ever be a pet.[/quote]

Yep they're certainly not for the timid, or a big cuddily happy family, they're solely guard dogs , if you want a guard dog that will strike bowel releasing terror in any intruder this is it lol.

12. I definitely do not know you or your dogs, that's correct. I was wary because labs are family oriented, and I was definitely picturing you living in a suburb and that is 100% my mistake. I'm really sorry if I came off as preachy. I'm sure you know what's right for your dog.

13. I think my dog is pit bull/great dane mix,although people have said how much he looks like a bluetick coonhound.So those are my favorites. I Like all dogs except the tiny useless ones.

14. I have a staffie soft as mud and looks like dracula:)

Attached Files:

15. Korean wolves.

After owning one I cannot own another dog.

Damn things set such a standard I can't keep dogs anymore.

16. I'm probably biased because I own one, but I love Old English Sheepdogs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuvNA-fGZG4]Old English Sheepdog on Bicycle - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZSoqfNP8Zs&feature=related]old english sheepdog leela - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqXLW7ab6Pk]Duke the Old English Sheepdog Washes Windows - YouTube[/ame]

17. I would never let my dogs eyes get covered with hair like that how the fuck is he suposed to see? As of latley I really want a rottweiler mix. My brother owned a rottweiler rodesian ridgeback mix for a short time. It sounded like a cool ass dog.

18. Love some labs and retrievers :smoke:

19. Maltese's are pretty cool little dogs