Favorite Beatles album?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by The Crunge, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Abbey Road hands down.

Magical Mystery Tour is a close second though...

2. I'd go with "Revolver" also. Their early work was such cutesty, bullshit love pop that I can't deal with it in large doses, and their latest work was sometimes too self-indulgent.

3. I'd have to say Revolver too. Followed up closely by Yellow Submarine (sentimental favorite) and Sgt. Pepper.

You should have added a poll.

4. Revolvers great and Abbey Road comes second

5. White Album. I love how there's so much different stuff on it.

6. Magical Mystery Tour or Sgt. Pepper's... which I'm going to put on now.

7. #8 The Crunge, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
    Wow I just realized I don't own Revolver. I have a Revolver coffee mug though :confused_2:

Better go to the record store today...

Edit*

So I'm listening to Revolver and it's pretty good, but...

It's an album that just has good songs on it, but Abbey Road is better as a full album.

If I were gonna listen to a full Beatles album, I would listen to Abbey Road because that was meant to be listened to in it's entirety as the songs flow into each other; whereas Revolver is basically just a compilation of good songs.

8. My list:

Abbey Road
    White Album
    Rubber Soul / Revolver (Tie)
    Sgt. Peppers
    Magical Mystery Tour

9. I LOVE.. Please Please Me..
    But honestly my best list of Beatles songs* would have a couple songs from every album.

10. White Album. Harrison had more room to get his songs in and he was my favourite Beatle. But Rubber Soul is a close second.

11. It's funny, we have our conclusions reversed. I like "Revolver" because it isn't a chore to listen to. "Abbey Road" sometimes feels like that. I also enjoy "Rubber Soul" for it's folky sound. The two "R" albums are my top two.

12. [quote name='"insight420"']

It's funny, we have our conclusions reversed. I like "Revolver" because it isn't a chore to listen to. "Abbey Road" sometimes feels like that. I also enjoy "Rubber Soul" for it's folky sound. The two "R" albums are my top two.[/quote]

well the latter half of Abbey Road just feels like one song, so I hardly notice how long the album is :laughing:

13. [quote name='"TheCrunge"']Wow I just realized I don't own Revolver. I have a Revolver coffee mug though :confused_2:

Better go to the record store today...

Edit*

So I'm listening to Revolver and it's pretty good, but...

It's an album that just has good songs on it, but Abbey Road is better as a full album.

If I were gonna listen to a full Beatles album, I would listen to Abbey Road because that was meant to be listened to in it's entirety as the songs flow into each other; whereas Revolver is basically just a compilation of good songs.[/quote]

Woah, did you actually go out and buy an album? holy shit

14. Why is that weird? I buy physical albums all the time. Only go digital if I have to.

15. Cool cover of Come Together by Arctic Monkeys from last nights opening ceremony. This is probably gonna be taken down soon though, damn IOC.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HSc-f_6YQg]Arctic Monkeys - Come Together (The Beatles Cover Live From The Olympics Opening Ceremony 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

16. I would say Abbey Road as well, but Sergeant Pepper's is a close second.

17. I never properly got in to Abbey Road, Magical Mystery Tour all day for me, followed closely by sgt peppers, revolver and the white album.

18. Man thats hard. In the end it would come down to three:

White Album
    Revolver
    Let It Be

Also, Arctic Monkeys covering Come Together....fucking horrible. I used to like them but their new stuff is shit, nothing but sellouts man. They shouldnt have covered Come Together.

19. I'm not really a fan and I thought a better band could be chosen for the Olympic Ceremony but I thought that cover was pretty good.

Paul McCartney's performance really wasn't that good to be honest...