Favorite Band?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by p3n3, Sep 3, 2003.

1. no they definitly hsve passion and thats what being in a band is all about...and emo is short for emotional go to this site it will tell you all about it www.fourfa.com

2. thats what i'm saying, just because some asshole makes a site about emo doesn't mean that thats what emo is. i was just telling you about what my personal opinion of emo is

EDIT: I'm gonna take your sig's advice and torch up ahah

3. and i am telling you mine and being a fan of emo i probably have a better idea of what it is than the main stream apperance...and i know you guys all have your opinion...and i am defensive about my music cause i get made fun of all the time for being the emokid but i like it so its all good...i admit i cry and shit a lot but whatever if you think about it all music could be "emo" cause all types of music and emotion for what they are doing

4. jerry garcia and david grisman when they played
    is probobly the gratedst
    the best song is Grateful Dawg

jack johnson

dave matthews band

and of course PHISH

5. I saw that dude in a Sepultura video. What a weirdo. Jello biafra or something now right? or am i way off?

6. silverchair, incubus, 311, deftones, nirvana, the color red..etc..

7. hmmmm
    the list abbreviated!
    ICP Twiztid Kottonmouth Kings and associateds
    Slipknot Mudvayne Korn Deftones Marilyn Manson!
    anyone of them is fine by me!

8. Hells yea KillaKlown allways good too see a fellow Ninja even better you smoke the Ganja lol

9. My favorites:

CKY
    Radiohead
    Beatles
    Led Zeppelin
    Portishead

So called "punk" now days is so over-rated and not punk. It's completely hypocritical and ironic. Besides that, there isn't much musical value. I went through my punk period about 5-6 years ago... thank god it's over.

10. it really depends on what type of punk you're talking about. first of all, bands like the used, blink182, new found glory etc... are NOT punk... they only market them selves as punk. if you view these types of shitty bands as punk, then yes, i can see how you would think that punk bands are hypocritical. i would have to agree with you there.

however, if you look a little bit harder, you will find some really good bands, that totally ignore capitalizing on the much overblown "punk image". and besides, we're all hypocrites.

11. i also like King Crimson

12. the used dont consider themselves punk...never have and hopefully they never will

13. well...

Massive Attack
    Bent
    The Postal Service
    Tricky
    J. Ralph
    Felix Da Housecat

14. NIRVANA

- to a lesser extent, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage, Weezer, Linkin Park

Common guys, for anyone in the 20+ age range, Nirvana was probably the greatest band in our (musically cognitive) lifetimes.

15. Metallica..... Slayer... In flames... Pantera

16. I'm into old punk (ramones, sex pistols, clash) and things like DK. A few modern punk bands I like are the casualties, unseen, dropkick murphies, and leftover crack/choking victim.

17. leftover crack/choking victim.

very nice, atheist anthem, 500 channels. very good

18. I dont really have an all-time favorite, i enjoy different music too much.

But my favorite for now would have to be Social Distortion.

few others:

The Clash
    Ramones
    Circle Jerks
    Gen X
    Misfits
    DK
    ST

But like i said i got TONS on that list, too many great bands out there to list.

Lets not forget Johnny Cash, RIP Man in Black.