Favorite artist in rap/hiphop?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by TheGoldenLlama, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Just wanted to know what are some of everyone's favorites as of now, curious to know...

As of right now I would put Kendrick Lamar as my favorite, but I like Lupe fiasco, Kanye west, Chance the rapper, Outkast, Big Krit, Isaiah Rashad, J.cole, Eminem, Nas, Tupac, Joey Badass, Ab-soul, Wu-tang clan,Rakim, Bas, also Cozz from dreamville has some good songs and rapsody has some good guest verses that I've heard before. Anyways post your favorites and why...Peace. :bongin:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mine would have to be Nas, Tupac, Mos Def, Mobb Deep, Method man and Ice Cube. Uk rappers would be Skepta, Jme, Wiley, Dizzee Rascal, Coops, Jehst, Shotty Horroh, Kano, Devlin, P money, Frisco. Imo the uk took over hip hop/grime since the 2000's

• Like Like x 2

3. I've heard of skepta just haven't given him a listen yet but I might check him out right now lol.
    I forgot to mention mos def as well but I've only heard a couple songs have liked them. Do you like MF DOOM? I'll take a look at some uk rappers I didn't notice that uk was taking over. Nas is my favorite classical rapper (for lack of a better term). lol
    Some good skepta songs to listen too?

4. Cormega or Tupac.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. Listened to a bit of MF not properly though, few songs from skepta ...

Hes got some mad producers on his label BBK.

• Like Like x 1

6. Oh shit...Alright thanks I'll get to listening.
    Any other artists that are dope?

7. Chance the rapper is about to take over the game

• Like Like x 1
  8. His style is too slick. The way he writes it's like poetry and how he puts together his raps are dope. Also the producers that he works with are different and just has a sound that you're not use hearing a lot of. Also his raps aren't generic. Kendrick and Chance are my top artists right now. Im assuming since you've heard chance then you've heard Vic mensa. He's good but sounds like he's moving away from that Innaetape sound that I really liked which I'm okay with because you don't want the artist to keep coming out with the same sound and stuff like that. But he hasn't came out with anything from his first studio album so who knows he might surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Depends whats your into i like grime alot but you still get chilled hip hop in the uk.

Forgot to add Nines and Skrapz to the list..

So many decent Uk artist about atm!

• Like Like x 1
  10. ScHoolboy Q, Isaisah Rashad, Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Ab Soul (All at TDE) my favourite is Nas because he's such a good lyricist and can still make nice beats with a good flow. I think Tupac is pretty over rated, he was good sure but the stuff he rapped about. Listen to Keep Ya Head Up, and then think about all the times he groped women in clubs which completely contradicted what he preached. Have the most ScHoolboy Q songs of all though. Have over 70 of his lol

• Like Like x 2
  11. I think Tupac gets the credit that his gets because he helped lay the foundation for the rappers that are doing it now but I get what you mean. I think all rap artists do that though. I like schoolboy q but it just doesn't click as much with me as with Kendrick, Ab-soul and Rashad do, Q is still good though. TDE is great. my favorite classic rapper (for lack of a better term) would be Nas as well. Outkast is up there though too. sza could blow up for tde as well.

12. I've only heard one SZA song when she did one with Q (His and her friend) a I liked it , would like to see her blow up. Yeah I agree in some ways, Kendrick Lamar is more meaningful and intelligent in his songs, Q knows how to make a mean sounding beat even if the lyrics aren't great, but occasionally you get a song by Q that has a lot of meaning and can be intelligent in the way that he pieces together the sounds besides lyrics . For example listen to Oxymoron/prescription. It's all about preference because as a whole no one can say who is a better rapper because it's all about that indiviudals taste, although I may recognise Kendrick as being a better lyricist and song writer, I just prefer Q. What happened to Isaisah? I swear he vanished off the face of the Earth after his album lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. K rino, Cannabis, ritz, yelawolf, tech n9ne, tde, shad, roots manuva,
    Task and Linus, I really like this guys style, plus they mainly rap about dabbing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Someone tell me some rappers that rap mostly about smoking herb?

Sent from my SM-S920L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Kid cudi but he's been doing some stuff lately that people call punk rock..Which I liked SBTH but I think most people who listen to rap and listened to it didn't fuck with it..His earlier stuff he mentions the herb quite a bit I guess. MF doom, danny brown, snoop dogg, currensy

• Like Like x 1
  16. I can't listen to yelawolf or ritz...tech n9ne is legendary though

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah there about the bass really, I mainly listen to them on my 1000w pioneer in the boot, boom boom,

• Like Like x 1
  18. Of all time?

Nas, Mobb Deep, Tupac, Biggie, Jay Z, Eminem, Dre.

Today?

Kendrick, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy, A$AP Rocky.

Underground?

Atmosphere, Da Grassroots, Brother Ali, + many more.

• Like Like x 4
  19. I am starting to get into the new age US rappers slowly like Kendrick Lamar but haven't found much else I like... Yet.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shad, rose garden
    No swearing, ever... Plus video is his take of the old pharsyde video

• Like Like x 1