fav. stoned music

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by HeatoN, May 21, 2007.

1. whats some good music to listen to and chill out when you are stoned.. im listening to 311 right now.. what is everyone else bumpin

2. the game
    eminem
    lil wayne
    juelz santana
    afroman

3. tom petty

4. The Beatles,

The Doors

they got some trippy songs

5. i went to to the same high school that tom petty did

devin the dude
    haystak
    scarface
    ghostface killah

6. The Beatles are at the top of my list.

7. BT
    Umphreys
    Phish
    Disco Buiscuits
    Doors
    Dead
    Boston
    Yes
    Cream
    Ladybirds
    Byrds
    Police
    Allman Bros.
    Hendrix

The list just goes on...Floyd, Zepplin, Jefferson airplane.....

8. josh martinez

9. Grateful Dead, Perpetual Groove, Neutral Milk Hotel, Bob Dylan, Gram Parsons

10. the beatles
    zep
    devin the dude
    the mars volta
    modest mouse

11. quasimoto
    people under the stairs

12. D-devils- Sex Drugs and House
    Counting crows- Big Yellow Taxi
    Derrick and the Dominoes- Layla
    Frayser Boy- I'll bring the weed
    Dj Tiesto- Just Be
    Dj Tiesto- Urban Train
    Oasis- Wonderall
    All guitar songs kick ass. Fuck metal that shits a buzzkill. Reggae, techno, rap, rnb, soft rock are all good shit.

13. da drought 3

lil wayne..

mims

richboy

14. Slightly Stoopid

Bargain Music

The Ziggans

Depends on my mood but these 3 are some of my favorites.

15. I'm not stoned right now, (9 day TB, picked up some dank for tommorow!) but I am listing to Slightly Stoopid!

Anyway...

Jethro Tull
    Slightly Stoopid
    Three six mafia
    Classic Rock
    60's "hippie" music (Itchycoo park for example)

Pretty much anything. If I like it not stoned, it's even better stoned.

16. Pink goddamn motherfucking Floyd. My taste in music changes drastically when Im stoned...So they're the only trippy band I ever really got into, though I love all classic rock.

17. Matisyahu: Beat Box

I tripped SO hard to this song once, now its become like a smoking anthem to me and my freinds.

18. +1 to the fuckin floyd

Mike, Matisyahu is touring with 311 this summer if ya didn't know, go check that shit.

Anywho, for me I've always loved the Queens of the Stone Age. It's stoner rock, what the fuck else do I have to say about them?

19. sublime, bob marley, ben harper, tom petty, bob dylan, jedi mind tricks, tupac, mobb deep, pink floyd

20. I go unconventional:

Animal Collective - Unconventional song structures, weird yet melodic. They definitely record while stoned.

Dungen - Swedish stoner rock, sounds like 60s-influenced stuff but is very good and new. New album out!

Dr. Dog - Beatles-influenced poppy rock. VERY stonerish!

Vitalic - Thumping techno that anyone can listen to (it's not just plain OONTZ-OONTZ-OONTZ shit)

Mono - Japanese instrumental band, hard rock on an epic scale. HARD guitars, slow rhythms, could be music for a glorious moment in a wonderful movie. And each album is over an hour long.