Fav hardcore/metal bands?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Perfekt, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Just wondering what some of your favorite hardcore and metal bands are. If you do not like hardcore or metal that is fine, please dont flame this post, you will just be making yourself look stupid! I hope that people can discover new music with this thread! Personally, I was stuck in the "mainstream" once, and i was listening to yellowcard and stuff like that, then i discovered real music!!! :D anyway, here are some of my favs!

The agony scene
    In Flames (one of the best death metal bands ever)
    Trivium
    A Dozen Furies
    Devildriver

heres only 5, if you are looking to get into more bands like these and want to know more, PM me and I can toss you all the bands i think you would like!! Peace!

~Perfekt

2. fear before the march of flames (math metal)

3. My favs:

It Dies Today - Get their old stuff
    Atreyu - Also get old stuff (why do bands seem to start out good, then suck?)
    Dead to Fall
    Evergreen Terrace
    Dark Army
    The Red Chord
    Between the Buried and Me
    Plus a bunch of other random ones, can't name them all.

4. All That Remains
    In Flames
    Rob Zombie (old)
    Metallica(old)
    Trivium
    Lamb Of God
    Pantera

5. hatebreed, slayer, buried alive, converge, the hope conspiracy, the warriors, the acacia stran...

6. Any stoner metalhead should have between the buried and me in their playlist.

7. How has no one said anything about black sabbath. By far the most influential and personal fav of my own.

:metal:

8. Only old In Flames is death metal, and even then they were melodeath.

Anyways, some of my favorites

Kreator
    Slayer
    Nile
    Hate Eternal
    Lamb of God
    OPETH
    Acid Bath
    Mastadon
    Pelican
    Carcass
    Cryptopsy
    40 Below Summer
    Godlfesh
    Ministry

many many more but I'll conserve space

9. I :love: Rob Zombie. Just my two cents.

10. I'm a huge metal head. Dying Fetus, Burzum, Death, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Behemoth, Cryptopsy, Darkthrone, Bathory, Emperor, Enslaved, Nevermore, Nile, Opeth, Symphony X, Testament, Wintersun, and Ulver are a few of the metal bands I listen to.

11. Fear Before is more mathcore than math metal. They're new demos sound like shit by the way...

Some Girls.
    Dillinger Escape Plan.
    Converge.
    The Chariot.
    Heavy Heavy Low Low.
    Circle Takes The Square.
    The #12 Looks Like You.
    The JonBenet.
    HORSE The Band.
    The Locust. (grindcore)

12. i don't like metal. but KISS is the shit

13. Glass Casket, Slayer, As I lay Dying, Evergreen Terrace, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, It Dies Today, Blood Brothers (maybe not hardcore)

14. Strike Anywhere, The Fall of Troy, Boy Hits Car, Three Inches of Blood...

15. good call

16. Some good taste hittin' this forum. Good call on Pelican ... love 'em. I would have to disagree with the BTBAM comment though (no offense). I've listened to them since before their Lifeforce days, and I still don't feel like there is much to them. Bands like Into The Moat, The James Dean Trio, etc. take away alot of BTBAM's steam as a band. Granted, they are a talented group, I much rather jam some JDT, Misery Signals, etc.

The metal (maybe more ROCK-metal) bands that deserve playtime are by far Doomriders and Torche. No one right now is touchin' them too much. I think Pelican would be in the running, but even Pelican doesn't bring me the same satisfaction.

Definitely for being stoned, I love listening to Hammerfall. I just laugh my balls off when I hear Hammerfall, Emerald Sword, Blind Guardian, etc. But if you really want to get me jammin' when I am high (aka: make me pick up my guitar) throw on some Beyond The Sixth Seal (most underrated metal band in HISTORY), Welcome To Your Life (simple, fun easy metal to play with), Tragedy (yes, they have metal licks), and of course, The Black Dahlia Murder.

Personally, I rock Pelican, Red Sparrows, Isis, etc. when I am stoned often, along with all the Louisville crew (Coliseum, Lords, Breather Resist, Black Cross). If you haven't checked out any of the Louisville bands, you are mos def missing out on some killer tunes. Most of the guys are in all of the bands (haha), but all of them have their own flavor.

17. Haha, I forgot to mention the hardcore side (haha).

Oh definitely Judge, Chain of Strength, any youth crew from the 90's will suffice. If we are talkin' recent hardcore, I like alot of the new melodic-hardcore bands: Set Your Goals, Miles Away, Have Heart, With Honor, Killing the Dream, Physical Challenge, etc. I'll still throw on my Minor Threat and Black Flag LP's depending on the crew I am with.

Dead Kennedy's "Too Drunk To Fuck" always finds its way into a mix somewhere during a night out with the punky/crusty crew. Most Rivalry Records or Bridge9 Records bands have a place in my heart. Both labels put out killer releases, and the dudes who run the labels are even cooler. Check it ...

Also, Step On It and Righteous Jams need to get more attention ... those kids JAM!

18. Between the Buried and Me
    Fear My Thoughts
    Killswitch Engage
    Devildriver (Fucking ace live)
    Glass Casket
    Strapping Young Lad (Best band I've ever seen live)
    Cephalic Carnage (The ABSOLUTE best grindcore/death band)
    Pig Destroyer (Just pure awesomness)
    Dying Fetus
    Cryptopsy
    Alienation Mental (Sweet obscure grind band)
    Pigsty (FUCKING CZECH GRIND!!!)

19. it dies today, and Still remains are my favorite bands. a friend toked up with darkest hour at their last show here, anterrabae, evergreen terrace is awesome

20. Darkest Hour is hilarious! Those guys smoke alot, I believe. Last time I saw them, they had someone enter in a robe with the Rocky theme jamming, then it just turned into brutal metal out of nowhere. I've never had so much fun at a show except AWK (my hero).