Fatty fatty two by four.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by jointsANDsex, Jun 16, 2011.

1. #1 jointsANDsex, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
    So i moved to Oklahoma in March and ive gained around 30 pounds. I would like to lose that 30 before i go back to Michigan and see the family.
    I only have a month to do it, so does anybody know any good ways to lose weight super fast?

2. Eat 500 calories less than maintenance every day and do some cardio and weight lifting. You certainly won't lose 30lbs in a month though.

3. try a monthlong fasting session?

4. im pretty sure thats unhealthy?

5. It is, and you would probably see your fat loss stall quickly if you tried that.

However, on the subject of fasting, you can try to do all your training fasted if possible (if you're looking to lose weight). Cardio especially is doubly as effective when done fasted. The best way to do cardio in this way is to start off with high intensity (i.e sprinting for 15 minutes) to release fatty acids into the blood stream, then continue with low intensity for as long as you can handle (keep in mind you need to recover for your next workout). sirbrandon is right about keeping a caloric deficit. If you're lifting in a caloric deficit (which you should to preserve muscle mass), definitely stick to a strict strength training protocol (heavy weight, less than 6 reps per set, 3 minutes rest between sets, compound lifts like squats and deadlifts, and no more than 45 minutes in the gym at a time). A typical 10 rep set that most people do will likely cause you to lose more muscle than you gain if you're eating below your BMR.

6. So do you think if i did all my cardio workouts in a pool it would be better?

7. It's just not healthy to loose that much weight mate. My advice would just be to STOP eating snacks for the month, and yes, do some cardio. You won't loose 30pounds but you'll be well on your way!

8. It depends. If you like swimming or running in water, then yes, but only because you'd be more likely to do it. Consistency is the key. Like other posters have said, you're probably not going to drop 30 pounds in a month, but you can certainly make a lot of progress.

9. maybe
    not for jesus
    though

10. turn off your ac... and fap fap fap fap fap nonstop everyday till its raw and tender to the touch. Like 25 times a day... dont be afraid to work up a sweat.

It's how subway jared lost weight

11. I don't think your going to 'fit through the kitchen door'!

12. couldnt get through the bathroom door?

13. #13 Little Cutie, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I've always sang kitchen door but bathroom works ;)

14. depending on how fast your body slips into ketosis, you could easily lose 30 pounds in a month with a ketogenic diet

only problem is once you start eating carbs regularly again all the weight will probably come back

15. No fast food, no eating between meals, no sugar sodas, no alcohol, but you still won't lose 30# in a month. I started doing this in Feb. of 11 and have lost 32#. Good luck...

16. Tummy tuck and turn sideways, when entering the bathroom door should do the trick.

But seriously good advice is posted above, clean diet and 500 calories under maintenance will be key. Along with the weight lifting (learn about it before you start) and cardio (20-30 mins a day 5-6 times a week). Do cardio after lifting so you can lift to potential, with energy. Try different cardio machines, but the elliptical will treat you well.

15X your body weight will give your maintenance calories. When you loose 10 pounds be sure to re-calculate.

Get a lot of your calories from fruit and vegetables. Microwave steam vegetables rather than boil. Eat raw foods as well. Don't skip breakfast or meals. Don't eat a few hours before you go to bed. No junk (chips, chocolate), processed food, fast good, alcohol, soda.. it's all got to go.

Lots of water. 8-12 good glasses or bottles a day. Almost a bottle an hour while you're awake. Most people don't drink enough. Dehydration is not in your favor.

If you drink coffee it's now limited 1 regular cup a day, less sugar the better. Drinking quality hot cocoa if you want chocolate or to replace a coffee a couple days of the week.

They're right you won't loose 30 pounds in 30 days but it's not about when your trip to see the family is, it's about health and taking care of yourself. At least if they see you 15 pounds heavier they won't see you 30 pounds heavier, right?

Also if you do this correctly, don't even use a scale to weigh yourself until the day you leave to see the family. It can be discouraging or stressful. Who cares what the scale says? And muscle gain is heavier than fat.

There's no secrets here, it's dedication and hard work. Not even that hard, with the proper approach, but time consuming. You can quit after a month and gain another 30 pounds, or you can be motivated and take care of what you need to take care of.. yourself.

17. p90x? youll lose about 20 in a month unless u go crazy like 2 workouts a night

18. You really should have done your research earlier rather than a month before you needed to lose all this weight. 30 pounds in a month just isn't realistic, at least from a health point of view.

19. no!!!