Fate

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by thabosshogg, May 12, 2011.

1. So you don't rely on observable facts, and theories that have been backed up by years of research?

I hope you know how ridiculous you sound when you say you don't rely on something that is in itself on the search for truth. If you really believed in what you believe as much as you say you do, you should be science's number one fan and urging them along to find the evidence that will prove you've been right all this time.

There's honestly no discussion to be had if all you're wanting to debate is what you've "realized" during your times "searching" or whatever.

2. But you haven't ever gone back in time to know if the same set of random events would play out in the same exact way again. If we say "whatever happened, happened" then the point is moot. From this point in the future to a point in the past whatever happened, having already happened, will happen again. If instead you rewound time back to that point so that whatever happened hasn't happened yet, it's a big assumption to assume it will all wind forward back to the exact same set of outcomes.

But you can't control your personality, so if your personality isn't already positive you can't achieve positivity. Therefore, why advocate positivity?

^ whoever is saying science is infinite needs to pick up a book sometime.

3. You could say what I'm saying is that consciousness is not exactly non-physical, nor is it physical. And "things" aren't exactly physical, nor are they non-physical. There is one "thing" that is neither physical nor non-physical, or both physical and non-physical, though it dualistically manifests as physical and non-physical, given our ways of perceiving things.

4. I have complete faith in science. ;) I've told you this before as WGTH... check my edit. ^

5. What about both?

You free willingly before your incarnation chose your fate.

done and DONE!

6. What you're saying is you think you have it figured out and if science comes to another conclusion through evidence, science is wrong because you already know.

Sounds like bottom-line just pure faith to me and my post still stands. You shouldn't be participating in a discussion if this is your attitude.

7. Agreed! The past is predetermined, the future is not. In this case, there is no present.

8. #48 ImagineReality, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011

I'm saying science will never find the answer. String theory is in MY beliefs. science=infinite. You do realise you have pure faith in science right?

Considering that, cant you see our faiths are VERY similar. I just believe it all has a source. (infinite=source) Is that so hard to believe?

9. Yes, it is my opinion. I have an opinion, just as you do. I never claimed that my opinion was more important or valid than yours, but I can appreciate your skepticism.

10. As to the first part, you are right, that is just my opinion.... if I could prove that were the case we wouldn't be having this discussion.

As to the second part, we should advocate positivity so that everyone who is in a position to bring positivity into their lives will be inspired to do so.

Let's say this: everyone has the capacity for positivity, it's just a matter of whether or not circumstances allow for it to enter your life or not.

11. You only believe science will never find the answer. Ergo, if science does find the answer and provides evidence, if it is to your contrary, you will simply dismiss it as not the "true" answer.

Yes, I understand you put faith into science. However, science has tangible, observable evidence that can be measured and duplicated.

You are stating you dismiss this on the notion that apparently science is irrelevant (since it will never find the truth, in your eyes, for some reason) and you've got it all figured out. Just you, nobody else, you are the one who is right and all knowing now.

O, enlightened one.

Open my mind please?

12. You have absolutely no clue what I believe in, as I've never stated them. Only that your beliefs are merely that. Understand that when I say that, I am in full awareness that mine are merely that as well.

So don't pretend I'm stating anything like, "I'm right, you're wrong" when I'm clearly saying no such thing.

And don't pretend to know how similar our "beliefs" are. It's ignorant.

13. #53 ImagineReality, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011
    Science is certainly true (some anyways). I'm merely saying it will never find the ultimate cause because whatever they find will have a reason, and then that has a reason, and then that has a reason, and so on. The source=infinite in my faith.. I will not force my faith on you. It is for you to decide (which apparently your letting science do ;)). Science can be wrong too, ya know?

Personally, I think science is a waste of time because I know what is true (for ME remember. Everyones truth can be different) That being said, I DO think science has also done some good.

14. Then personality can be changed by choice.

unrelated:
    why is it that the only science mystics ever seem to fall in love with is the untestable sciences?

15. This is merely only way of looking at it.

You assume things have to have a "reason", and are having trouble understanding the idea that some things might just "be".

"Science can be wrong" does not mean "Science will never find a way to understand".

16. I respect your belief. :D realise that infinite=source then though, regardless. (if there's no reason... )

17. Yes, please, let's stop bettering our lives and go back to worshiping the sun, sacrificing virgins to conjure rain for our crops and killing anyone who thinks differently.

Science is a waste of time my ass. Such an ignorant, uneducated statement. If you shun science so much, why do you reap the benefits of it? IE every daily amenity you take for granted, of which there are hundreds, if not thousands, you interact with every day

18. If you respect my belief, quit trying to force this tripe, exceedingly vague mystical nonsense as a definite truth. Fuck.

19. #59 ImagineReality, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011
    You are asking me questions, I am answering. Please explain this "force"?

You only read what you want to hear, I guess.. Please reread my post. I have said repeatedly I have complete faith in science..

20. trolling you are now
    haiku you must now endure
    explain this 'force'? lawl