Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fate of my smoking habit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by artic, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hello blades, haven't posted in a while. :p
    I have recently contracted bronchitis and feeling pretty bad. :( I read up a bit on the subject and it said to not smoke. It also said that the cough could last up to a few weeks. :eek: I was wondering if anyone else has gone through something similar and when you think I should start toking up again. I'm not that dependent on the herb, just wondering when I can have some fun again. :smoke:
    Thanks for any and all helpful answers. :wave:

2. i had bronchitis this winter. it lasted me about 4 or 5 weeks. it starts off okay and then in the second week, i'd cough and still feel like theres phlegm in my throat. it's a really bad feeling because it makes you want to cough it all out but it wont come out. i smoked all thru my bronchitis - stupid i know - but if you're planning on not smoking, then maybe your bronchitis will go away in 3 weeks. i got this medicine called Broncochem Expectorant. it works GREAT! loosens the phlegm and helps you cough it out. good luck!

3. A few phlegm coughs a day keeps the bronchitis away.

Anyways, I'd wait a few days and just see how you feel. After a few days it should start to subside a bit, perhaps you can be the judge for yourself on how you feel in a few.

4. Thanks for the reply! Is this what you are talking about? ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/Broncochem-Expectorant-Syrup-4-Oz/dp/B0016KC9WK]Amazon.com: Broncochem Expectorant Syrup 4 Oz!!!!: Health & Personal Care[/ame])
    I felt alright on Saturday and I smoked around 3 bowls that night and then I coughed all night long. I slept pretty fucked up (Uncomfortable arm chair with my feet on another chair without a blanket in ~40 degrees :( ) and I felt bad all day Sunday. I passed out when I got back home and woke up to watch the super bowl. I laid in bed for a few hours and got the chills and felt queezy. Today I woke up and felt like I was half dead and had the terrible cough still. I got some musinex and that helped a little bit but not for the 12 hours it says on the package. :rolleyes: I'll look around for that syrup, do you think they would have it at Walgreens or walmart?

5. that is the one !!! it works like magic, promise.

6. I don't mind getting bronchitis because then I have an excuse to get some sizzurp from the doctor. Just get some sprite and you will be having a good night.

7. and a jolly rancher right? lol

8. Or you could die.

OP, get a vape, or make some edibles. :rolleyes:

9. i agree. this is the safest way to get high while you have bronchitis :)

10. I agree with the girl with the awesome gameboy signature.

OP Do NOT smoke, it can lead to pneumonia

11. #11 SmotPoker29, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2011
    lmao! i saiiiiiiid "stupid i know" when i said i smoked the whole time.

edit: i couldve sworn you said "i disagree" lmao ! :D

12. Not if the person who is using knows there limits and not to take the whole damn bottle. :D

13. I can be a prime example of this. The past 2 seasons I got severe bronchitis in both sides of my lungs, which developed into a somewhat severe pneumonia. I unfortunately, chose to smoke throughout the sickness both times, and it just led to worse phlegm, and a harsher cough.

Try your best to stay away from smoking the herb while sick in this condition. Although, I believe vapor and indeed edibles would make for a good substitute.

14. I'm not to worried about getting high. I can last a week no problem. I was just wondering how long I should hold off. Should I stop until I have no cough what-so-ever or should I smoke a few bowls when im recovering? Would being around cigarette smoke worsen my condition? I chill with a few people that smoke and my mom smokes in the apartment/my room. (Bullshit, I know) I don't smoke cigarettes but I heard smoking them makes it a hell of a lot worse. I feel a lot better today, not so worn out and what not, lungs are still all dried up but I'm starting to cough up a little bit of phlem. My ribs and back are killing me though. I want to go work out because I haven't in a few days but that won't happen in the near future. :(

15. I used to get bronchitis So often when I was little. Luckily, I haven't gotten it since I started smoking.:D