"fatblunts' beliefs"-my rant thread, come on in!

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Insurgency, Nov 11, 2010.

1. #1 Insurgency, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2010
    It would be sweet to get some guidance, but if not, maybe my thoughts are similar to yours. Maybe we just want everything to make sense. Feel free to comment, bash, or question. I'm at a crossroad in my life, where my beliefs are coming into question.

My name is John, and the name represents a man who takes life for granted. Life is too fucking pointless to me, its not even worth it. Would be lucky to experience 80+ years...pff, take me out at 56. Pointless arguments over God, free will, living standards...Yo dude! Who cares, let's just make sure our future generations have the ability to decide whether life is pointless or not.

Free will is being able to turn down your natural instinct, which is chemically invoked in the brain.

The soul is made up of 2 parts. 1st is the parental guidance, which is their choices based on their experiences, embedded into us growing up. 2nd is our experiences. John represents the name for this body, the sum total of my experiences, made into the "I" that I am right now.

Whatever
    and how atoms come into existence is the term God. He is within everything, he literally is deep within everything. Atoms seem to run on algorithms, and have the possibility of not being able to never exist. They literally could have always existed, whether it be in potential energy. If they existed as PE, then what was the cause? So unanswerable, except when one realizes that 'time' before time, never was. God does not have some rational mind, where he thinks of all the choices and outcomes, he just does because he knows and simply is.

Just as our minds are creations of the physical matter aka brain, so too "God" the mind, created by everything. Everything works for some reason, even if that purpose is to sit there, like a rock. It is still important, because every single atom in the universe, as a whole, is the "brain" of God.

We are so use to thinking "Oh I am 21 years old, that means 22 years ago I didn't exist. But there was still history being made." God just always is, therefore the universe always is, and has always been. Matter has just always existed, and the potential energy, never exists. It does not just 'sit around' until someone comes causes it transform, because that is a human concept. Potential Energy, when implied to the Big Bang, is irrelevant.

Personally, I think gravity is the cause. Simply the pull breaking matter down into non existence. Just too be potential energy, as dense energy, collecting more, growing more. Not even light exists. But hey, I smoke, so that's just a crazy theory...right?

God's mind did not have a choice of what to create, his mind is only bound to this universe. Like I said, atoms just exist, so God played the hand he was dealt. It is the only thing He "knows."

When we die, we are not welcomed by a warm and loving God; we just become part of the God conscious, infinite bliss. We become one with the mind of the universe, and the atoms that make up our bodies, will rejoin nature, being used for another purpose...continuing forever.

We will not wonder or think about Earthly bound things, "we" simply fall into infinite bliss. Unless the atoms of our body somehow reassemble the exact same way, "we" will never get to experience a conscious like this ever again after this life.

peace out gc, one love

2. ya, cant argue with what isnt, when we only know what is

3. Great thoughts. Are minds are pretty in sync for the most part though we do diverge towards the end.

It's funny what you said about our parents, recently I was having thoughts about our personal generations before us, such as our grandparents, great grandparents, and even older uncles and cousins. What if they all got a little piece of our soul trying to help guide us and do whats right so that we may turn out for the best, with our parents being the direct connection seeing as we get them in the flesh. None of them would have any control but all of them would have influence. The possibilities of life are endless, not knowing is so much more pleasurable than knowing.

4. It's like your speaking my mind Plus rep.

5. smoke another one, cheech!

Nah just kidding. I just wanted to comment on the free will part:

"Free will is being able to turn down your natural instinct (or to follow it) , which is chemically invoked in the brain."

dust to dust, right? All just carbon, here since the big bang. Coming to this conclusion though, you seem depressed.... But I think that this is one of the greatest realizations you could have. This concept helped me personally, come to terms with being an agnostic. When people talk about having religious experiences, "talking to god" as it were - I never really related to that, until then. Especially the bearded man floating in the clouds part... [sarcasm, people]

But for me it was more like figuring out a secret -- something I felt lucky to know. Because I can celebrate it at any time, just by appreciating the miracle of a random bunch of atoms crashing into each other to form the river I'm pacing, or the trail I'm riding, or the trees I'm dodging through the woods. "God" is not in everything, "God" IS everything, or rather, EVERYTHING is "God". Its an ironic, almost pseudo-greek mythological view, when you think about it. Whatever all of it is, wherever it all comes from, we still don't understand it so we just call it "God". In a way, it makes me smile.

It's almost like recycling on the grandest imaginable scale. That's the impressive part. To me, at least.

Is this thread too serious to recommend a movie? :D William Hurt in "Altered States" - its all about how our atoms have been around forever, how they have their own memory, and an imprint of "the original self". Wacky movie, but definitely entertaining and a little philosophical when you get right down to it.

6. Wow... Your words really hit home... I am only 19 years old, but I feel like I have seen the crossroad you speak of. Where our essence must choose between reality, and the vast unknown.

Listen John, I don't know who you are or what you've gone through... I only know me. However, after what I just read, I feel as if we would be the kind of people who would really get along... Even though you seem to have a strong grasp on your beliefs, whereas mine are still being influenced daily. I wish we could be talking face to face right now... I love nothing more than talking over a beer, a bowl, and a pack of cigs... Sometimes it's all you need... but since we will probably never meet each other outside of this forum, I'll do my best over this keyboard.

I cannot complain about my life, but it is no fairy tale... I was adopted from South America as an infant. Now I live in New Jersey... Fucking New Jersey... I don't have any pictures, a phone number, or an address... and I have yet to return to Peru. I have never known my real family. Now, I know I sound foolish... I should be forever grateful towards my adoptive parents. I do love them. I must. They are my Mom and Dad. They have shown me nothing but compassion and unconditional love... But the fact remains, I don't come home everyday to be comforted by faces that remind me of my own... I am the dark kid with the white parents. I am an island. That is the way I was raised... intentionally or otherwise.

You mentioned that you are a culmination of your past, I'm sure all of us are willing to agree with that statement on some level... My past has been lost, or better yet, removed and replaced. Who was I supposed to become? Who am I supposed to become now? Is this all part of God's plan?

I know you said that you don't believe that God thinks or plans... and neither do I... God just is. Space is the illusion that we are all separate constructs. We exist as a singularity. What is 'Life'? I see it merely as a light show that I am lucky enough to witness... An illusion if you will. There is no beginning and there is no end. I just am. It's a bold statement... reassuring in a way. But it does beg the question, "Who am I?" or better still, "Who have I become?" It is a question we all must face. The definition... The culmination... The sum of our being.

This summer almost killed me. I am proud to say that I am still here. One night still resonates within me... when my spirituality overcame my demons. I won't name any of my demons specifically, for personal reasons... But...
    It was a dark night. I was tired. I felt beat down. Life was kicking my ass. Nothing seemed to be going right... I was drunk and bleeding... wandering the back-roads around my neighborhood, which is a rather wooded and dark area... I was walking in the street... I was nearly killed by 2 separate cars... The second driver stopped and said he was calling the police... I kept walking... Then I stopped and collapsed in a small clearing just off the street... I looked up at the stars... the sky was so clear... I turned on my side and vomited... I asked myself, "Who have I become?" Is this really how I want to be remembered? Is this really how I really want to be?
    I called my parents and in my drunken stupor I directed them to my clearing. They were so concerned and I was so ashamed. I will choose to remember that night for the rest of my life. It was a turning point for me... an important moment.

I had turned my free will against myself... instead of directing it towards the world. I was choosing to get caught up in all of the negative thoughts that were flooding my mind... I had lost control. Negatively had taken over my mind, and if i had died that night, Negativity would define my existence... Don't lose control John. You don't have to put yourself through hell. I know it is easier said than done... and trust me I hate when people say they understand what I've been through... how I've felt. So once again, I don't know you, only me.

However, if I could could try to share one thing with you John, it would be this... Life can be beautiful, but it is all about change. It is all about movement... and sometimes it is important to let go of certain things in order to find new ones. Don't bother with your past if it is doing nothing but holding you down. Don't be afraid to be egotistical. As you said, we are all one... and unless every single molecule of existence aligns in the same way we will never see a consciousness like this one ever, ever again.... You cannot allow your past to rob you of your future.

Perspective makes the difference. We live in the space between reality and vast unknown. A vortex of good and evil. It is balance and chaos, simultaneously... We are gods because we control perspective. Use your free will to pick and choose a Glorious Existence for yourself.

Smile. One Love.

7. i agree with much of what you said

but i do not believe we are as connected to our blood relitives as you think , it only effects us on a physical level i think

and i think we come back into another body at a time after death , reincanation and all

8. I am still soaking in your post, but I just wanted to comment on this quickly. This is an excellent point, and I believe our singularity of perspective is the exact same as the original singularity. It is all focused onto one perspective

got cut short, got class!

9. I believe representative democracy in America is poorly established. At the time, it made since due to the white population. Now, there are too many different cultures and political beliefs to be represented. Even if we elect one person, whether it be the president or a local office, there are splits. If one person is elected, that potentially leaves > or = to 49% of the losing parties supporters. Add all these divisions up in all states together, and there is a split nation. Politically, we must try and come to compromises, even if it takes sacrifices.

10. Sorry, reflecting more on your post

Thanks man, I will definitely take this into consideration. I have recently been reflecting on my past, picking apart all the decisions I made and if they were the right choices. Thank you for the reassurance.

I would just like to say, that i am from Colombia, so we have the South American in common. Viva la hispanos! [​IMG]

11. IMHO i actually, sort of, believe all the talk about 2012. the world probably wont end, i hope... but i do believe there will be a significant change. as you say the country is split. everything is split. there are two sides to every argument and everyone is out for themselves. i used to be the debate team back in high school big into politics and all that good stuff. but after arguing relentlessly with the same 15-20 people for 3 YEARS STRAIGHT i realized that thats all that would ever become of it.

no one was willing to compromise. it if they did, it was in order to survive without looking like a fool. its a dog eat dog world.

i say fuck it. ill stand on the side lines and watch the world light itself on fire. as long as i have my peace of mind, there is not much else i can do

ill drink to that! haha my best friend is Columbian

12. i think you're looking for answers where there only lies more questions

my bad on the DMT though, ive been quite busy with myself lately and have had time for shit, let me know if i can still help you with it

obviously no one can answer you but yourself, but it seems your questioning that very essence

you're mind should be used through deep deep feeling and that feeling has been very much lost at sea drifting further along becoming shrouded in a questionable mist

you need to delve deeper not into thought, but into feeling, this is our greatest gift and it has been left untapped, maybe skimmed but if so i guarantee just barely

its hard to not think so much but when you can let go to this bountiful energy the world becomes yours, you evoke fearlessness, never again questioning a thing, only having all the right answers, to any situation, its deep inside you, but you must let it come out and the way is letting go, to all presumptions and shallow feelings you've ever had

life is supposed to be a daring quest, in which this deep guidance keeps you afloat, your own guidance is the only thing you'll ever need of you were to let it speak to you, this is the real you

13. #13 Insurgency, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2010
    ^

Peaches, great to see you, it has been awhile since I have seen your name!

I take your advice whole heartily, but there is a problem with searching your feelings, at least to me anyways. Feelings imo are emotions, which are nothing more than experiences. I believe answers do not come with deep searching, but helping and sharing with others. I have come to the point in my life where I know longer see colors, I see unity, we are all the purest essence. It has allowed me to see everything, and answers come to me in a matter of seconds, almost like I already knew the answers.

Truth doesn't come from the result of deep searching, it comes from promoting Life towards all. To actually live a way of Christ, which I strive for.

All my years as an Atheist, and what I see through my eyes right now, makes it a struggle for me to even know which way to go. If I could only show you

14. Haha fatblunts you Aristotle mother fucker

Thing is this, emotions wouldn't be your experiences but how you feel about the current one in retrospect to every other you've had before

Without emotions, both physical and psychological, we wouldn't be what we consider intelligent life, since we are able to feel to such a degree, unlike anything else on this planet, we are able to grow to an astonishing level with one another, like Christ right?

You see how answers just come to you without having to think? That is because you're above and beyond thinking, you're truly feeling whatever it is that you put your mind on, you're not using your mind as in being in your head thinking, but rather feeling whatever situation is at hand and PuTTING your mind on it, letting it reach out and do the work for you

The feeling I'm talking about, that deep deep deeeeeep primordial sense is what you're tapping into, as far as I know when you're able to simply converse with any stranger on the street, or furthermore you feel the need to talk to them because you feel their situation, this is what we need to strive for.

Also as you said sharing is oh so important as it helps everyone grow together as one, but we need to act ourselves not how we think we should, or say what we think we should say, but rather feel the need come up from deep inside you, literally from another dimension, and express your inner core feelings, once done the amount of happiness and fulfillment you are able to take away from one simple act is enough to last days on end

I'm very pleased in the way you're thinking and feeling, you should meditate upon feeling instead of a certain subject matter, when you close your eyes stay alert of your body and first feel as much physical goodness as possible and then move to the psychological ones and you'll be floating for hours even days if you can hold that wonderful vibration

This is your work which must be done for you have attained such a consciousness that their is No going back, you speak of not knowing what exactly is in store for you or how you want this life to pan out, there is no end to look forward to, the trail you leave behind is the only thing that matters to you and the people you touch

When this sense of true self is acquired everything is amazing, life people the world, EVERYTHiNG

And it's up to you to show people what you know, to help them rid out all fears and face value and to turn inside for guidance, this is where the highest authority lies, connect to it and be naturally lifted

Your job is not to premeditate any action you enter into, your soul will feel it and it will permeate out into this world beyond your fleshy shell, and if you let it shine bright enough people will notice and come to you, so you may show them what you have found...

True absolute happiness

And creativity goes through the roof, and stamina is constantly by your side, fear is filled with devoting courage, your mouth must echo what is sent from beyond, weak ceases to read in your dictionary and your heart is filled with unbreakable strength... In short your spirit shines ever so clearly, all matters become obvious and tasks are but a push of the pinkie, effortless and enjoying, even wiping your ass or cleaning your friends vomit from YOUR sheets, you always know it's all good in the hood

15. I am just curious, have you achieved this way of life? Great post by the way, I agree with every point and I strive to live at that level.

fatblunts - Sorry I do not have much to contribute, but I agree with peaches on the meditation part in the last post. Try not to focus on any particular object or memory, but rather the very moment you are in. Let your feelings and thoughts move through you, into your consciousness and right back out. This way your mind stays clear and open to the present moment and when you decide to stop you will be ready to take on anything life has to offer. :cool: