Fat People: Just One More Reason To Blame Government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yurigadaisukida, Jun 5, 2013.

1. That's all I'm saying. I'm not putting 100% of the blame on the government but they sure as hell don't help. How much education did you receive on nutrition in school? I know I didn't learn anything about it. We had a bs health class that we took for 6 months our sophomore year and it was a joke.

How about we teach kids how to eat properly instead of teaching them that pyramid up there

Perhaps you shouldn't expect to receive all your information from a poorly designed and ineffective system? :confused_2:

My point is the government doesn't make you fat, it might contribute to an overall unhealthyness(just based on what it subsidizes) but if you look in the mirror and say the government made me this way then you just lack personal responsibility.

3. I can't argue that fact although I don't think that is the point of this thread

4. #44 Deleted member 95373, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013

The thread title states it and it's implicitly stated in the OP........

5. This is more what op was trying to say, he put fat instead of unhealthy

6. The government isn't doing anything other than subsidizing corn,
    </blockquote>
    And soy. And wheat. And sugar.

And they claim aspartame is save and that you need 1000 calories worth if grain a day.

The government does a lot dude.

You should look up a documentary called farmagedeon
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >which they've been doing for a long time, and it's not like there's been a large public outcry to stop it.

Listen, if you're of the libertarian mindset then you understand that a big tenet of it is personal responsibility. You choose what goes in your body, you pick the foods you eat on a daily basis, not the government.
    </blockquote>
    You should read the entire thread.
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' > The government does a lot of fucked up shit, but forcing you to be fat? That's your decision. If you need cheap fruits buy things that grow locally. Where I live blueberries are almost 8$ a pint, but oranges are cheaper than fuck. There are always alternatives, there are always ways to prepare cheap and healthy meals.

I spent 3 months living in a 2 bedroom apartment that had 6 men in it, we lived on 50$ a week for all of us and ate just fine, so to hear you complain is kinda mind boggling. People put a lot of emphasis on nutrition but in my personal experience it's never been an issue. Hell until very recently I drank soda almost exclusively and I've never had any trouble losing weight or building muscle or anything similar. It's really just this simple, eat a moderate amount of calories and exercise.
    </blockquote>
    Again read the entire thread. My title was misleading. Obviously the government isn't forcing.McDonald's down your throat
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. The thread title states it and it's implicitly stated in the OP........

</blockquote>
    Read

Entire
    Thread

Not

Words....

8. I would be ok with the government forcing Taco Bell down my throat. I read that they plan on doubling them by 2020. All of America will soon experience the joy of the Taco Waffle and Mexican Pizza!!! 

9. What the hell is a taco waffle? I have a taco Bell near me and they don't have that

10. Maybe he means chacotaco

11. #51 rhapsodyrcks, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  12. I think parents are mostly to blame..I was never taught how to cook....all we ate was processed and fast food that i continued to do when i got out on my own (in the late 90s) and still never knew all that stuff was bad for you..I knew it wasnt healthy but didnt know it can cause diabetes, heart disease, cancer, ect..I had to learn how to cook on my own and I still struggle with not binging on total crap

13. That doesn't look appealing to me
    But then.again I never.like waffles.or breakfast saussage.

I'm a pizza man myseld

14. I think the biggest problem is convenience. Mcdonald's doesn't even taste that good to me but I still go there occaisionally because you can just throw a few euros from the car window and drive home with a full meal within minutes. If there was something like mcdonald's that serves healthy food for a similarly cheap price I would probably go there very often. It's odd how all the most convenient food is also the most unhealthy. Even with all the delivery places with foods from many different cuisines it's still hard to get some healthy food delivered to your front door. I don't know why. Pizza for instance can be very healthy if made right but good luck ordering a freshly made whole grain pizza. I would much rather eat a home made pizza made freshly from whole ingredients, it tastes much better but it's a lot of work.

15. Soon very soon my friends we shall be able to once again shove twinkles in mass into our mass food suction holes. I have terribly missed Zingers. I used to buy a box a month. The wanna bees taste like a cheap Chinese counter fit. 

Eventually we need to create a lazy boy recliner with a poo pan under you, a reservoir for soda so you can just stick the tube in your mouth. On the left a frig build into the side for items requiring that, on the other side a drawer for dry goods. Then you lift the arm rest for the novel microwave to heat up what you want. Throw in a table that retracts for a tablet. 60 inch tv in front of me then on a swinging arm a LCD for the built in computer.

Such a device would enable me to spend 90% of my time on Earth in a comfortable non moving position. Endless hours of Pawn Star, Honey Boo Boo, and countless hours of the garbage that Netflix has on it. 

I would just have to get up to shower but baby wipes would work for a while. Such a life I would only need a bathroom sized living quarter. 

Please dear god make this device!

16. #56 cutencarefree, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    Oops my app is messed up and doing all kind of weird stuff. Nice read tho op.

Even though I know you were being sarcastic, that shit would sell.