Fat People: Just One More Reason To Blame Government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yurigadaisukida, Jun 5, 2013.

Come on, nobody is going to just give away all the fat that they've been saving for years. We should also force feed the Africans because that shit is disgusting and they're not going to want to eat it.

2. Come on, nobody is going to just give away all the fat that they've been saving for years. We should also force feed the Africans because that shit is disgusting and they're not going to want to eat it.
    </blockquote>
    add salt and sugar. They will eat it.

Purified salt fat and.sugar. humanities favorite food

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Calories in calories out. Eat fifteen hundred calories of snickers per day and you'll lose weight. 

You're correct in the sense that it's easier if you can afford better food, but it doesn't really matter.

I think that's why as well. Also not an expert.

5. Diet and exercise. It's the oldest trick in the book. Exercise is free. 

6. Calories in calories out. Eat fifteen hundred calories of snickers per day and you'll lose weight.

You're correct in the sense that it's easier if you can afford better food, but it doesn't really matter.
    </blockquote>
    That's not true actually.

If you ate 1500 calories of candy a say you WILL get diabetes.

Diabetes cause.you to.store fat and.prevents you from burning it.

If you eat a low fat diet you can be skinny and.diabetic. but that's still bad

7. #27 yurigadaisukida, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    I agree with everyone saying its still a choice and.you still have the power.

But its still wrong that I should have to spend 50¢-1$ for a single apple as apposed to a whole box of pasta :( and this has nothing to do with supply and demand
    Its not a free market

I have recently started eating lots of carrots and oranges, and.chicken, but sometimes I just don't have any.money and pasta is all there is :(

This is correct. There are a lot of health conditions you can get from eating poorly, and eating well is difficult without money.

As far as just being overweight, you can eat ramen (or whatever) and not be overweight. Point taken. 

Yeah I eat a lot of pasta too. Tuna is pretty cheap. I'm not a huge fan, but give it a shot. Cheap protein is hard to come by.

10. #30 yurigadaisukida, Jun 6, 2013
    Yeah I eat a lot of pasta too. Tuna is pretty cheap. I'm not a huge fan, but give it a shot. Cheap protein is hard to come by.
    </blockquote>I'm allergic to corn and soy. So many processed products are off limits to me.

I don't blame the government for that one

Then again corn and soy subsidies make my dietary restriction just that much worse

Woah that does disqualify a lot of foods. I spent too much money on groceries last time, and tomorrow I plan on looking up and making a list of cost effective, healthy foods. I'll try to remember to send it to you if you'd like it (assuming I come up with a solid plan).

12. Woah that does disqualify a lot of foods. I spent too much money on groceries last time, and tomorrow I plan on looking up and making a list of cost effective, healthy foods. I'll try to remember to send it to you if you'd like it (assuming I come up with a solid plan).
    </blockquote>
    Awesome man. I'm always open to.advice especially health related or money related

13. #33 rhapsodyrcks, Jun 6, 2013
    Perhaps if people stopped viewing life as a buffet or contest to stuff a never ending arsenal of food into there mouths combined with even moderate amounts of exercise this problem would be greatly reduced. 

Its gotten so bad I had to laugh when on the radio some Doctor was saying just 10 minutes of exercise has tons of benefits. Its a heart warming feeling to hear a doctor to encourage 10 mins of activity out of humans. 

Whats funny is how far we have fallen as a species. When they do studies on early modern human bones they find something startling. Nearly all studied were lean, and muscular. They believe that we literally were all runners which makes sense. We ran to get to where we wanted to. 

So in a span of hundred thousand years and then some we have gotten to 2013 where I have to navigate through potatoe shaped people who are in there 20's in a mall. Then in there 30's and 40's they have knee problems, heart problems, weight induced diabetes etc etc. Then I am punished with taxes to fund a health care system to cover everyone that could not possibly tell that person hey lose some weight buddy and most of your issues will disappear. I cant tell him or her that because someone who is fat without a medical reason should be hugged and showered with never ending love and understanding. 

You know if we were virtually any other animal...ocean faring, land based, or avians nature would of eliminated this problem looooong ago. We are virtually the only species that propagates this on the massive level we do, but hey thats what the 21st century is alllll about. 

All of this will continue to get worse and worse since we can not even be bothered with shopping. Very soon Amazon will have same day delivery, close to 48 states. Voice activated TVs from Apple, Google etc are very near to since the simple act of picking up a remote is so tiring so exhausting. 

Who would of though Wall-E reality is coming soon!!!

14. I agree with your views 100% ! All true

15. #35 mandrin13, Jun 6, 2013
    "Poor people cant afford healthy food" is NOT true.  Google it, there is just as much information stating that junk food in NOT cheaper, its a common misconception since people spout off that poor people cant afford healthy food.

The problem is ignorance and laziness (and surprise surprise...bad parenting)-not the govt.  You can buy a weeks worth or oats, rice, grains, and legumes for a couple bucks.  Add some cheap in season fruits and veggies and youve got a cheap, healthy week ahead of yourself. 

To the comment on how expensive apples are...go buy them at your local orchard rather than your local super market, (or even a farmers market though those tend to inflate their costs due to the "hipness" of shopping there).  If you dont have a local orchard, then obviously that would impact the cost of an apple when you factor in costs of shipping apples around the country/world.  It certainly pisses me off anytime I am in Mexico or Central America and buy an apple made from the US, or grapes from Chile....a complete waste or resources as well as a decrease in freshness. 

Healthy food is a better deal than junk USDA Says

Quote from article:
    Food economists traditionally measure the amount of calories you get for your money. By that measure, you still get more when you buy pizza, French fries or other foods high in sodium, salt and saturated fat.

But the USDA study looked at a food's worth from new perspective and concluded there's better value in fruits, vegetables, lean meat and low-fat milk. You may get fewer calories per dollar, researchers say, but you get more food when you're measuring based on price per weight, or price per portion.

And often less-healthy food options are made up of empty calories, prompting people to eat even more, notes Andrea Carlson, lead researcher of the report.

“Take a chocolate glazed doughnut, which is 240 calories,” she says. “You can easily eat one, if not two or three without any trouble at all. However, a banana, which has a lot of nutrients in it and will make you feel quite full, has only 105 calories. You will fill fuller if you eat the banana versus the doughnut.”

16. Op you are a million percent right.

All the government is doing is shoving processed bullshit down your throat. It costs me roughly 80 bucks a week in groceries and that's just for me. Good luck buying any kind of fruit for a decent price. A fucking pint of blueberries is 6 bucks, that's outrageous!!!

You'd be surprised how much sugar you eat on a daily basis that you don't know you're consuming. Sugar is literally in everything!!! It bothers the shit out of me to no end

To the dude who was talking about snickers, you need to brush up on your nutrition. I'd love to see you eat nothing but snickers and see how you do. Your body need vitamins ans nutrients that you're not gonna get from candy.

The government isn't doing anything other than subsidizing corn, which they've been doing for a long time, and it's not like there's been a large public outcry to stop it.

Listen, if you're of the libertarian mindset then you understand that a big tenet of it is personal responsibility. You choose what goes in your body, you pick the foods you eat on a daily basis, not the government. The government does a lot of fucked up shit, but forcing you to be fat? That's your decision. If you need cheap fruits buy things that grow locally. Where I live blueberries are almost 8$ a pint, but oranges are cheaper than fuck. There are always alternatives, there are always ways to prepare cheap and healthy meals.

I spent 3 months living in a 2 bedroom apartment that had 6 men in it, we lived on 50$ a week for all of us and ate just fine, so to hear you complain is kinda mind boggling. People put a lot of emphasis on nutrition but in my personal experience it's never been an issue. Hell until very recently I drank soda almost exclusively and I've never had any trouble losing weight or building muscle or anything similar. It's really just this simple, eat a moderate amount of calories and exercise.

18. Yes the government makes us guzzle gallons of Mountain Dew, shove doughnuts into our mouth endlessly, get into our cars and buy a dollar burger at the golden arches. It forces us to turn our mouths into human food vacuum cleaners forever sucking into our bodies all manners of food. It prevents us from leaving the house and walking around the neighbor hood. Yes indeed Uncle Sam is one magical thing. Its amazing how it can do all of that and yet not balance a budget. 

Whats funny to is in some recently studies they find that 50% of all food bought or more is wasted. Perhaps that should be our goal to not buy less or eat less but figure out how we can cram the wasted 50% down our throats. Blender food slushie time!!! 

You know thats a great idea. Food that you put into a blender and use a variety of flavor liquids to create what you want. Honey Buns that taste like Beef. 

19. Well then you're an exception to the rule my friend because most everyone I know has to watch what they eat or they will gain weight. I have to eat extremely clean to lose any weight. I can't even eat cereal and lose weight and I'm not talkin fruity pebbles or cinnamon toast crunch. I can't eat cheerios or I gain weight.

Carbs and sugar will make you gain weight and because the government pays people to grow those types of foods they are the cheapest and easiest to buy they are a tad at fault. Sure people have the option but as op said, if you have to choose between 6 bucks for blueberries that won't last you long, or the pasta and sauce that will last you a long time you'll choose the pasta and that certainly isn't the healthiest food in the world.

I was complaining that eating healthy is way more expensive then it should be. I mean healthy, not o I'm young and can eat whatever I want and I'm skinny so therefor I'm healthy, that's bs.

20. [​IMG]

People are responsible for themselves and really have no excuses..but the govt. sure doesn't help.  That pyramid is laughable.