Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

fastest way to dry out some fresh bud i bought

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stonerish, Oct 25, 2008.

1. this is the place for my post according to the description lol, im not an apprentice toker, but i do happen to have a question about the herb :D

i just picked myself up an o, its veryyyyy wet (damn dealers trying to make their product weigh more...) its decent stuff, but how would i go about drying it quickly.. i put it in 2 paper bags to sit for a bit, but idk how fast this will be...

is curing it in a jar easier, becuase right now, its barly smokeable... just wont catch flame lol

2. Dont put it in an enclosed space, hang it somewhere to dry. Oh yeah, and dont leave it in direct sunlight, and DONT!! microwave them. hope this helps :D

3. food dehydrator???.... im sure a fan will help tho

4. If you try to quick dry it it'll smell, taste, and smoke like shit. Let it dry slowly naturally and you'll be much more happy with it.

5. #5 Tuk2, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008
    Best way I found is tieing a bud to the string on a ceiling fan and leaving it overnight. Presto.

6. The best way is to put it in a Mason Jar (best) or Zip-loc bag (still works) with a 2" x 3" piese of normal copy paper. From how you describe it, the weed will probably dry out a piece that size in about an hour and a half. Once the paper is soggy, switch it out with a new one. It should only take about 3-4 switches.

7. #7 stonerish, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008

i like the plan, my double paper-bagged set-up should do the same thing, but faster, overnight perhaps...

(i dont know if i already posted this, if double, ill delete it in a sec lol

EDIT; i see i ddint double post... i did forget to add this though... the weed smokes so well like this the first hit is pure crytal vaped if the lighter i held right (the whole thing is covered in crytals... harvested early for more sativa high...) and the subsequent hits all are packed with smoke, the thing burns longer, better, nice, its awesome... the looks were not so great, as it was compressed in this guys car to hide it for like 2 miles... the asshole... and was brought when not fully cured.

8. Do not put in a mason jar to dry. That makes absolutely no sense.

9. if u just need a smoke take what u need and microwave it at like 30% with 10 second bursts until it's dry enough.. to much heat or too long bursts and it'll end up smelling and tasting as bad as leaf.

did this when i was fiending for my first harvest:smoke:

10. Wow. Did you actually not even finish the first sentence of my post?

11. Dry it out and then get a mason jar to cure it for at least 2 weeks or it wont be good.

12. What she said. You don't put it in a jar or bag with a piece of paper. :rolleyes: :confused:

13. Tape a small bud with a stem to the inside of a CFL. Make sure no bud is trouching the CFL and give it about 20 minutes depending on the wattage of the CFL and the size of the bud. It will dry completely out and will not give you the microwaved shit taste. I did this the day before chopping to sample the bud. Now that the bud is cured and I have tried it out, I can say that this method reduces the potency and obviously alters the taste, but if you're just looking for a quick high while you let the rest dry out properly (5 or so days hung in a cool dark place and 2 weeks in a mason jar/plastic bag(not recommended) to cure), then this method will definitely work.

14. Your all fucking clueless.

Shoebox under your bed for 7-8 days then jar it for a week or 2.
    Wrap the nugs separately in news paper gently too when you dry them.

quickest way to do it properly.
    Jesus christ there's some bullshit up in here.

15. Tape a small bud with a stem to the inside of a CFL I still cant work this out. Make sure no bud is trouching the CFL and give it about 20 minutes No WAY that's enough time depending on the wattage of the CFL and the size of the bud. It will dry completely out No the outside of the bud will and will not give you the microwaved shit taste. I did this the day before chopping to sample the bud. Now that the bud is cured and I have tried it out, I can say that this method reduces the potency? You can? and obviously alters the taste No it will just taste like wet weed, but if you're just looking for a quick high while you let the rest dry out properly (5 or so days hung in a cool dark place and 2 weeks in a mason jar/plastic bag Kids stuff(not recommended) to cure), then this method will definitely work.

16. Curious if this might work.

Since they tell you to put your cell phone in a bag of rice after you dropped it in water to help dry it, the same can be applied to weed right? Rice sucks moisture out pretty well

17. Definitely dry it for a couple of weeks. I don't know about where you live, but now is the time when a lot of outdoor harvests are ready in the UK, and so a lot of weed is being sold still wet off the plant. If you cure it for around 2 weeks it'll get you 5x as high as it would now.

Also if it's very wet definitely avoid that dealer again. A wet ounce usually only weighs up to about 14-15g when dry, so its an easy way for a dealer to sell you a half O for the price of a full O.

As for the best way to dry it, I would personally separate it out so the moisture can escape easier, then just leave it out, or if you cant do that then yeah put it in a paper bag or a box for a while.

18. I hope you guys realize this thread is over a year old now.

I'm sure he's figured it out by now.

19. Oh wow, I even read the date and didn't realise, that's pretty shameful. Guess I must have thought it was 2009 and was actually from 2 days ago.

20. You obviously completely missed the point of my post. As you can see, I know how to dry buds out properly and this method was only used to sample (or rather just to get high) a freshly chopped plant. I know it works.. as long as the bud is not too thick and it easily gives enough time to dry, so next time spare the childish bullshit until you try it. And also I'm not sure what "wet" anything tastes like (except for your mom's pussy) especially considering the bud is obviously not "wet" anymore after you "dry" it and light it on fire. I'm pretty sure "alters the taste" suffices to say that it will not taste like the finished product. And its not too hard to situate a bud in the middle of a fairly large CFL. Oh and yes, I know plastic bags are "Kids stuff" which is why I placed the words "not recommended" after it. Very informative post idiot.