Fastest time you quit your job?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Deleted member 752956, Jan 31, 2014.

1. I worked at a McDonalds for two hours when i was in college. I had a 16 year old kid training me in on how to flip burgers. Went on break and never returned. Still wear the shirt for shits and giggles

2. You guys are fucking worthless. " jobs are tough to come by" more like people too lazy to work with a big sense of entitlement .

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Worked at a coffee shop, boss was seriously bipolar. 90% of employees I worked with hated her. The other 10% were little bitches (ill get to that).

Worked there for a month, hated it. Talked to a different coffee house (same job just different boss) and the lady understood and agreed to take me ASAP. So I told my boss that this was my two weeks notice. She says "okay turn in your written two week notice tomorrow."

So I come to work and she brings all my coworkers in and fires me before I get the chance to give her my two week notice. I did cry because I was pissed. All of the reasons I got fired were insane. For example "didn't open blinds when asked to." "Cooked one sandwich at a wrong setting." First of all I'm not going to be like "fuck no I'm not opening the blinds!" I do what I'm asked and second, I messed up a sandwich once! But one good thing is I told her I'm writing a review on her and that store and there were tons of customers around and I gave her the finger and told that bitch to FUCK OFF!

I'm a nice, quiet, type of girl but when you piss me off you better WATCH OUT.

4. I did concrete work for about 40 minutes. I was cutting rebar with a power saw i could barely lift and left the second no one was looking. Also quit a job as a waiter after i watched the training videos, realized how shit it was going to be

5. I quit my job at a restaurant my first day... the general manager was a complete fucking Cunt and I told her those exact words and walked out flipping the bird haha

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I remember once i was really high and this place called me and told me I got hired.. and i forgot.. so if that counts then I win cuz i never went. Also once i was also really high again.. and was going in on my first day.. it was at some family resteraunt i cant recall the name.. anyway they wanted me to clean the washrooms, so i go inside and see that the toilets backed up and theres shit and piss all over the floor.. i told the manager you gotta be kidding me, good luck getting somone to do that shit and walked out :)

7. Not getting out bed to go in first place lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Dude on the first page is literally never going to hold down a decent job because his job history is fuckin awful. You know all those jobs are in your tax history if they cut you a check dummy

Sent from my burner

9. After a shift. During interviews for some reason I thought oh shit I gotta be accommodating and say yes to get the job.

So had a double on Fridays, the next Friday was 420... So ya I quit before I was fired lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Wendys 3 weeks
    That shit was boo boo , manager was 5 feet 300 and a little too enthusiastic

11. Honestly, to me it would feel like a downer being trained by a kid... yikes!

12. Lmfao that's true. At least stick it out until you can find another job imo. Unless there is harassment/complete disrespect then I don't see a reason to stay.

13. First year of college I dishwashed at some family restaurant, lasted like a month until my buddy that worked there also no call no showed so they called me and asked to work like 12 to 9 dishwashing. I said fuck that and never showed up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I believe you did the right thing. It's better to have a meaningful job that pays less than have a meaningless job where nobody cares. Good Luck in Your Career.

15. Never got into a job like that.

9months at Walmart
    11months at a temp agency ( only 1 placement I wouldnt go back to)
    10+ months at my current job.

Money would be my current job but the best job was Walmart. Got away with alot of shit and had fun working and smoking up coworkers.

16. I let my roommate tell the temp service I was working for that I died one weekend so I could finish "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time". I was there for about 2 months though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  17. Lmfao

Sent from my SM-G928V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  18. Couple weeks or so. Was getting paid minimum wage at this Halloween store. Pretty much got the job because my friends were working there and I wasn't doing much. So figured why not. It wasn't hard work but the pay was bull.

Then one night at the end of the night we were ready to go home but the owner kept us overtime. He was screaming and yelling at us to clean up the place and get everything organized before we leave. It was ridiculous to me considering what they paid us and now demanding all this stuff at the end of the night.

So that was the last night I showed up to work. F that.

19. I smell a troll