Fastest from Seed to Harvest?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Koba Yenobi, May 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Okay I have to explain this first. I am not in any way trying to speed up the actual flowering process. I’m wondering is 12/12 the fastest way to go from seed to harvest. I have read it can range from 3-6 weeks until the seed actually starts to flower. Even if it begins its life in the 12/12 light cycle, correct? But there are several people who do 2-3 week veg under 18/6 or 24/0 and flip to 12/12 and the plant will immediately begin to flower. Also the plants grow larger and healthier with the extra 6 hours of light right? So isn’t it faster to actually veg the plant for 2-3 weeks then flip then even you’re slowest time with veg it’s still faster than the average for 12/12?

I ask because I test seeds and am about to start breeding with some landrace stuff to try to find something not around anymore. Just a dream to keep me busy really. And this would allow me to process each generation as quickly as possible. Over a few years I figure a week or 2 here and there has to add up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Are you rushing or do you want quality?

on the flip side. Your growing for seeds… what a couple extra weeks over the course of a couple of years?

3. That’s another thing too. Is it true if it’s 12/12 from seed the quality is less? What would you say the minimum veg time is 4 weeks I’ve heard. For the plant to build up hormones correct?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ive done indoor 12/12 seed to harvest, and I live in the equatorial tropics, so day and night cycle here is near 12/12. So i almost always grow 12/12 from seed, especially if u grow outdoors here. I have experience growing 12/12 seed to harvest, and you should veg sprouts for atleast a month or until its first true set of 5 finger leaves appear. Unless ur growing a heavy leaning sativa, with those I just let them grow outside from seed. They get a few feet to over 10 feet without veg. However more indica leaning strains will have to be vegged, and like i said, veg for 2 weeks or until its first set of 5 finger leaves are grown(heavier leaning indicas should be a month). Also heres a tip. If growing indoors at 12/12 from seed. Ur quality and quantity will suffer, the only reason i can do 12/12 from seed and grow dank weed is because of the tropical sun here. The sunlight here gets so bright it hurts ur eyes on clear sunny days, so plants get strong, full spectrum sunlight. Artificial lights just wont be strong enough, unless ur willing to fork out bucks for some powerful full spectrum artificial grow lights. So if ur indoor 12/12 and not near the equator. I suggest just vegging plants for a ½ month to 1 month(or first 5 finger leaves), cuz most artificial lights wont be strong enough. Only in equatorial regions can u have a 12/12 from seed work. Indoor 12/12 from seed will net u ¼oz to maybe 3 ounces depending on grow lights, strains, and other variables. Equatorial regions with outdoor 12/12 from seed will get me ounces to pounds, depending on strains, pest and other variables. So if u grow indoor 12/12 from seed, i suggest growing a lot of plants. Thats to make up for the reduced quantity, and to use full spectrum grow lights. Which should make up for quality. You dont need full spectrum, but the lack of veg time will have its consequences. If u compare plants grown in full spectrum grow lights compared to normal grow lights, you will notice an obvious improvement in quality towards the plant grown in full spectrum grow lights. I hope i helped, and good luck growing Bud ;)

Sent from my SM-A217M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh yeah and fastest seed to harvest is the 12/12 from seed method. Others say 12/12 with cloning is faster, however i say its even. The time it takes to root clones is the same time to germ seeds. However with 12/12 seed u get stronger roots and less stress vs using 12/12 clones.

Sent from my SM-A217M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Ahh it take me 2 weeks to clone and 65 about sometimes 70 days flower so clones are way faster than any 12 n 12 just how we do

Sent from my N1374DL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Clones is fastest. If you have a steady supply and or can afford them /mother plant.
    But seeds are cheaper