Fastest and highest yeilding system?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by 420Fighter, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Hello

So a simple quick system. Which is the one hydro system that will generate the most buds during the shortest period of time?

I know that you can get a pound of one plant if you grow it big enough. But also that you can get two crops up at the same time if you flower more plants earlier?

So which is the hydro system thats best for my purpos? Ive heard alot of good things about aeroponics

Thanks for your help!

2. Use the search button...threads like this are asked everyday and crowd the forums....u have to take into account space security budget and many other factors you have think about bfore u buy equip...tell us more about the grow site temps rh accessibility of fresh air n ability to vent....i was like u just tell me wat to buy bla bla bla its bttr if u do research so u can understand wat u r dping nkt just following instructions...plants dont come with instructions...dnt take this the wrong way

3. aero is not for noobs . matter of fact hydro isn't too much either.

the system that brings in the best yield, the quickest, will be the one you learn to use. same goes for strain of grass. concentrate on one system and a strain/cut for 12-24 months.. .then come back and ask this question.

4. It's the gardener, not the methods/system(s)..

5. Im sorry for starting a new thread in a sea of similar ones. Thing is ive read alot about them. And im not all that much wiser now than i was before.
    I was interested in the volksgarden cause it seems like it uses the light very efficiently. But it turns out its not all that great.
    Like you say its alot about the gardener.

Right now im thinking about growing Aeroponics cause it seems like the system that would make the plants grow best.
    I want to build my own system and make it expandable

also my question is alot about weather to go for size or strenght in numbers.

Im looking to produce as much in a short amount of time

I hope that adds some more substance to the thread. And once again sorry for asking a noob question

Domo!

6. [quote name='"420Fighter"']Im sorry for starting a new thread in a sea of similar ones. Thing is ive read alot about them. And im not all that much wiser now than i was before.
    I was interested in the volksgarden cause it seems like it uses the light very efficiently. But it turns out its not all that great.
    Like you say its alot about the gardener.

Right now im thinking about growing Aeroponics cause it seems like the system that would make the plants grow best.
    I want to build my own system and make it expandable

also my question is alot about weather to go for size or strenght in numbers.

Im looking to produce as much in a short amount of time

I hope that adds some more substance to the thread. And once again sorry for asking a noob question

Domo![/quote]

Sog sounds like it would fit you well

7. I would recommend doing soil the first few grows

8. True areoponics is the best way, not NFT DWC flow/ebb

9. You don't say if you have any soil experience or not, but if not I would recommend starting there. If you do, I would consider starting your hydro experience with DWC. I've grown in soil for years but I'm just trying hydro now and all my research indicated DWC is the easiest and most forgiving for a first time hydro grower.

I agree aero seems the way to go in the long run, but I think you'll be better off using something simpler your first few hydro runs.

Good luck though with whatever method you choose!

10. DWC is simple and gives excellent results. Can be setup with stuff found at walmart or lowes very cheaply even. Probably easier than soil for newbs because if you get the right equipment there is no guesswork (pH meters, ppm meters, good nutes at 1/3 strength).

11. i have never seen anyone do ***every*** type of hydro system in a side-by-side

AND that person would have be equally proficient in ***every*** type of hydro system

so,

the answer to the topic is "opinion"

12. OK OP, here's a real answer for ya.

Find these threads.

"let's build a bubble bucket"

"bubble bucket hydro method 101"

And seach google for "lucas formula".

I started off my first plant in hydro, and have never grown in soil. It requires you to pay alot more attention to your plants, but it grows faster and you get more yield.

If you find people asking you to search, or if you can't find what you're looking for, just know that some people here are actually helpful and want to tell you everything you need to know. Keep asking. Be patient, and the cool people will come along and help, instead of just cluttering up your thread with bullshit.

I never understood the concept of replying to a thread that asks a question without actually answering that question. I see that's what alot of people do.

13. #13 Private Stalk, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    http://forum.grasscity.com/bud-shots/1059474-white-label-master-kush-buds.html#post14879768

Some DWC buds for ya! I have grown soil and I can tell ya dwc is less guess work. It's easy to fuck up soil grows by over/underwatering or using too much nutrient and flushing causing root rot. Root bound issues in small containers and not 2 soils are the same.

If using RO water, the base quality of your "medium" is as good as any seasoned hydro growers. From there it's all about setup equipment and discipline that will make the difference.

The reason I have not grown other hydro types is because they are more complicated (requires more parts/work and more that can break and go wrong) or other reasons (I do perpetual so tables would be pain in the ass for flood/drain). DWC is really the best way to do perpetual to customize solutions per strain/stage.

Hempy is actually the easiest but if you want a little better results dwc is next in line. (I have grown hempy)

All hydro follows same guidelines for most part on ppm/pH so if you can do one, you can do them all but it's understanding the system and why it works that makes them different. Like I said, some are more complex/complicated than others but hempy or dwc is as simple as hydro gets.

examples of differences are when you see posts like "how often do I flood"? This person knows the ppm range and pH for hydro but there are variances and different reasons why people flood differently. With DWC it's a lot less variation. You fill a container with water, light proof it and aerate it. Fill it with nute water and just maintain levels on it. I never flush ever. That is probably the biggest debate with dwc... when/why/how often to flush,... if ever. But whether you do or don't or no matter how often you will grow killer hydro buds with dwc for cheaper than other setups and a lot more simple to do.

14. very awesome buds!

also keep in mind that different mediums IN the hempy's themselves CAN make a difference

my buddy always swore by using hydroton clay pebs

then i showed him

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...flowamastas-buds-get-fat-1-plant-monster.html

and now he's thinking about switching to perlite

i'm also trying perlite this go around

so far it's going awesome

also, private stalk, when you were running hempy, were you running your H2O 24/7?

or on a schedule? (example: flooding 4 times a day for 15 minutes each time)

i've been running mine 24/7 for the past few weeks and the plants have been absolutely loving it

just need to have an airstone in the res to prevent the plants from drowning

and good return lines

15. #15 Private Stalk, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
    Hand fed water once per day. The drain water was kept and recycled for a couple days before using new water. Never aerated but did agitate by stirring before watering. Hempy seems to be the most neglectful and forgiving way I have ever seen to grow.

I used hydroton as I was only vegging extras that I did not have buckets for at the time. But worked easier and better than I expected it to.

U can most certainly have an elaborate hempy setup but the point of mine was to keep it simple and basic and it worked great.

16. Nft is the way i think if you beleave in your self and read the cutavation bible you will not fail either way you do it. Single nft 405 system 2 plants grow a small 1m sq scrogg. C how u get on any problems reverse to here or ya bible. Keep reading good luck.

17. fastest/quickest imho is aeroponics or bubbleponics with DWC a close second.