Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fast Heart Rate

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sbarkawi, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Hey so I've been smoking pot for years now. Always bomb stuff top shelf never experienced anything bad. I first started smoking just green then I would put tobacco (American spirits) in my bong bowls with weed obviously and I enjoyed it. Recently tho everytime I would take a rip with tobacco in it I would experience the CRAZIEST heart beats, super fast literally as if my heart is going to burst out of my chest. Then I stopped for a couple days because I figured it was just anxiety. After I felt comfortable and didn't feel stressed and decided just to smoke a nice green blunt (haven't done that In a while) my cousin an I smoked half of it then my heart all of a sudden started doing it again. All I want to do is smoke in piece but I can't anymore can anyone please tell me what's up ? What should I do?? Thanks guys

2. Take it easy for a couple days. try just weed and not mixing it for now.

I have had this happen 3 seperate times, every time it was a blunt.  My heart started racing, my vision started getting blurry with black dots until I couldnt see anymore, then I threw up.

This was years ago and hasnt happened sicne, but I just had to cool it for a day.

3. Thank you for getting to me so fast! Anyways I love weed more than anything I love it but I don't know I'm starting to feel it's not worth it anymore I cannot stand it when my heart does this. I had stopped just recently for about 4to5 days until last night when I took less than 10 hits out of a blunt. Then all of a sudden it starting doing it again. It's almost as if my body cannot accept THC anymore Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Try smoking less.

Try smoking in a more relaxed comfortable environment by yourself.  Like just a few tokes from a bowl and see how you feel.  It could be anxiety induced it might not be.

Sounds like classic signs of oxygen deprivation. I had identical symptoms when I had a a chest infection a few years ago, told my friend who is a general practitioner and he said it was oxygen deprivation as a result of the infection and the continued excessive inhalation of smoke.

OP Just sounds like he was really high?

Smoke less.     :confused_2:

6. [quote name="BigNugDoug" post="19465232" timestamp="1391545577"]Try smoking less.Try smoking in a more relaxed comfortable environment by yourself. Like just a few tokes from a bowl and see how you feel. It could be anxiety induced it might not be.[/quote]Ur right I know what u are trying to say I should do that but I feel like as long as the thought of my heart racing after I smoke is in my head it's always gonna beat fast I hobestly think it's a physical thing rather than mental Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. [quote name="sbarkawi" post="19465289" timestamp="1391546075"]Ur right I know what u are trying to say I should do that but I feel like as long as the thought of my heart racing after I smoke is in my head it's always gonna beat fast I hobestly think it's a physical thing rather than mental Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

honestly, I think your are correct. I did think about oxygen deprivation at the time but there wasnt really a way for me to know. its nice hearing someone else say it.

Try this OP

• Like Like x 1
  9. id say its from smoking tobacco out of a bong. spliffs are nice, but tobacco in a bong is just brutal. that shit was terrible the one time i tried it. 

just gotta take some deep breaths and calm down, its all in your head.

11. #11 BigNugDoug, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014

Well it is known that cannabis can increase the heart rate.  Do you get palpitation or flutters or is it just increased heart rate?  If it's just heartrate I wouldn't worry much unless it's extreme. While it may be uncomfortable you aren't going to die.  Many things can increase your heartrate.  If any kind of irregular heartbeat though I would stop and consult a physician for sure.  Are you predisposed to any heart conditions?

The oxygen deprivation is an interesting thought as well.  Something to think about but hard to KNOW for sure.
    Also blunt wraps (synthetic or not) are filled with nasty shyte.  Probably worse than cigarettes.  Maybe you were just having a bit of a reaction to something in the tobacco?

Have you tried smoking just pot by iteself?

I would also consider tokin on some single A instead of AAA top shelf.  Maybe even some mid grades.  And not giant bong rips. :D

12. We'll if you're smoking out of a bong, then I'm sure that rush of nicotine could accelerate your heart rate.
    Marihuana speeds up your heart rate for like the first hour of smoking too.
    Just take your time when smoking, my heart doesn't seem to race as much when I vape than when I smoke. Could be mental, could also be that I'm not also inhaling all the toxins and by products of combusting plant matter.

13. [quote name="BigNugDoug" post="19465387" timestamp="1391546997"]Well it is known that cannabis can increase the heart rate. Do you get palpitation or flutters or is it just increased heart rate? If it's just heartrate I wouldn't worry much unless it's extreme. While it may be uncomfortable you aren't going to die. Many things can increase your heartrate. If any kind of irregular heartbeat though I would stop and consult a physician for sure. Are you predisposed to any heart conditions?The oxygen deprivation is an interesting thought as well. Something to think about but hard to KNOW for sure.Also blunt wraps (synthetic or not) are filled with nasty shyte. Probably worse than cigarettes. Maybe you were just having a bit of a reaction to something in the tobacco?Have you tried smoking just pot by iteself?I would also consider tokin on some single A instead of AAA top shelf. Maybe even some mid grades. And not giant bong rips. :D[/quote] when I'm not high my heart is fine I'm fine as soon as I wanna smoke and do so after like 10 minutes when I'm done seshing it starts beating extremely fast I panic and it Honeslty seems like I should go to the hospital but I just have to find a way to get my mind off of it for it to go away. I'm not sure what palpitation means Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Google is your friend. :D  It knows more than all of your teachers ever put together.

15. #15 cball, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    so many 'NEW accounts' jump all over the pot thing and ignore the obvious! as if they choose to blame pot...

simple solution...stop using TOBACCO!!!!!!!!!!

16. I smoke hookah how come it doesn't happen then? I love pot I'm not trying to quit it but obviously if it's affecting my heart it may be best to be concerned rather than ignore it. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum