Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fast heart beating when baked?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by kanadiankush28, Nov 26, 2014.

1. #1 kanadiankush28, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    I've been vaporizing from a homemade vaporizer for 3 days and I switch back to bowls today. I hit 3 medium bowls, and by the end I was putting my shit back to the stash and I heard the main door open, and footsteps (meaning my mom or dad just arrived), so my heartbeat suddenly got so fucking fast and hard, I could feel it throughout my body(especially in my throat), lol its hard to explain and I also got heavy adrenaline rush. I packed my shit in 1 second got my phone and ran upstairs, just to see that there's no one and everything is fine. So now im here munching on chips, and relieved af. So i'm wondering has anyone experienced something similar or a fast heartbeat/adrenaline?
    Thanks.

2. I forgot to mention that I have been booked once.

3. Most people dont realize when they start smoking, they forget to breathe.

This leads to an anxiety attack as the heart speeds up due to lack of oxygen. The cure to ANY anxiety attack is to stop, sit down, and breathe deeply til the point youre almost dizzy.
    Works 100% of the time.

Have taught many people these breathing exercises which helped them get off anxiety meds.
    ~ poke

4. Yeah, that's exactly what I did, when I ran up, I sat and just took deep breaths, it worked well.

5. And it always will.

Be sure to pass this info on to your friends and family.

Its better than cigarettes in stressful situations and this is coming from a one time heavy smoker!
    ~ poke

6. u got paranoid, paired with pot increased the bpm. normal, but as u toke more And more it's less common to happen as well with a high tolerance

7. That's pretty normal man nothing out of the ordinary.

8. What is normal, so you usually get fast heart beating? Or other stuff?

9. Cannabis elevates the pulse rate, it is known.

10. #10 geordie451, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014

I just posted in the bad weed experience thread thats goin on about a time i had a bad trip and one of the things which made me so paranoid was my fast heart beat... and since that happened i pay more attention to my heart when im high and it definitely does beat faster. You'd have to define "fast" and does this go on for the duration of the high?? or is it just until you calm down? and was it combined with paranoia?? because i've found sometimes i over think certain things when im high which leads to paranoia and makes my heart beat REALLY fast, to the point where i can see my chest moving. Idk man. Sorry i rambled a bit but im not sure. I wouldnt worry too much, especially if it was a one time thing and you're fine now. Try again and see if u notice anything. But even if u do, like i said, dont over think things because when ur high you arent thinking the same way you would sober and before u know it your checking ur shit was laced and ripping up all those old joints to compare the weed lmao. Dont let it freak you out tho is basically what im tryin to say because elevated heart rate is normal. My only suggestion is maybe if your parents work or they're out the house a lot to smoke then because i assume they dont know u smoke weed if you panicked over it and be in an environment you feel safe in and remember, when was the last time weed fucked up anyones heart??... Happy toking  :smoke:

11. Almost everytime I smoke I think I hear someone get home or yell my name and sometimes I'll run inside or listen really hard then realize I've only been outside for five minutes and no one will be home for an hour

12. Fast heartbeat is normal.

13. yeah thats an anxiety attack haha and its because your parents got home. I have had the same thing happen many times, I asked my dad about it hes a Dr. and said its a panic attack. I am pretty sure what that is if it continues to happen or get worse talk to someone about it but other than that don't be worried.