Fast buds gorilla glue auto/qb288/ rockwool grow/ 2x3 tent

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Jaywalter, Oct 9, 2018.

1. So I started my second round of gorrilla glue auto and I hope this goes better than my last grow.
    A little about my last grow:
    Same tent
    Light was amazon blurple 200w COB light
    Grow Media is pure rock wool
    Nutes I’m using Gen Hydro 3part plus CalMag and epsom salt that I watered by hand.
    I had some issues with nutrient lockout throughout the whole grow. I think this affected the density and potency of the harvest. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] as you can see in the pictures this plant was not that happy.
    IMO what I think went wrong was...
    1. Although I ph checked nutes going in I didn’t ph the runoff and realized that the ph in the medium was prob off
    2. I grew the entire plant from start to finish in 4x4 grow cube and the plant may have become root bound towards the end. This was my first auto grow and didn’t want to use a grow slab for only a 10 week grow.
    3. I don’t think the light I was using was strong enough to get rock hard buds. Each COB driver only put out about 40watts to each COB that’s only 160watts of LED light to grow the plant. [​IMG][​IMG]

For this grow
    I plan to continue using pure rockwool bc I have had great results with it in the past though I will be using a growslab or croutons in an airpot during flowering. Second I bought 2 HLG QB288 v2s on a double heat sink powered by meanwell 320h-c2800. I’m paranoid I’m using too much light for this small tent. I’m struggling keeping temps below 80 without the dimmer turned down. Also I’m running 24hrs lights on, please chime in if anyone with auto experience has a better light sched. I have an in-line fan running and a pc fan on the heat sink. Ambient temps are around 68-74F. Still gonna use gen hydro flora series but only using bloom and micro with calmag and epsom salt 300ppm for first week and up 600ppm after. Now some more pics of the new grow I’m only 6 days in. Please be kind I already had to try and fix a potential Phosphorus deficiency. Just tested the runoff to ph 5.8 it was 6.8 before today. Hopefully this solves it. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] you can see the brown near the tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG] day 9

[​IMG]day 11
    I think I got the deficiencies under control my ph in the runoff was too high I got it down to 5.7 the last 2 days
    [​IMG] I started LST training and my dark devil auto popped, its stretched a bit didn’t get it under the light fast enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Good luck on your grow. Please post more pics. I also have 14 day plants.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 Sirtootsalot, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Hey dude, good to see another rockwool grower. Used to use the 4 in cubes and slabs like you, but a while ago I switched to the 6 inch Hugo's and love em. Are you only growing autos? Anyway, just saying hey.
    Edit, read the date wrong, it's an old thread and you probably aren't even in here anymore. Cheers.

5. I got cubes!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I use them to start my seeds too!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. How well do those cubes work for you buddy? Do you finish your plants up in them or transplant the cube into something else bigger?

9. Hey dude, I'm pretty sure this is an old thread that I brought back to life. I hadn't seen the date when I posted on it, but since you asked a question I can answer... ll answer since I grow using the same medium. Rockwool cubes are great, I grow in a 6 in Hugo Cube from Veg to harvest. The great thing about rockwool is that it Fools your plan into thinking it has a bigger root ball, thus you can get big trees from the small medium.

• Like Like x 1
  10. No shit? Going to be looking into to using those for my 2nd run. I am working on setting up a DWC with clay pebbles rn. Appreciate the information man!

11. Cool dude, I've been using rockwool for decades, its consistent, and like any medium it can produce great results. Hit me up if you have any questions, happy to help.

12. Sounds good man! I'll keep you posted on my first grow! Happy smoking!:love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheers.