Fast and reliable ways to dry resin?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by GreenChronicKid, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Does anyone know any fast AND reliable ways to dry resin. Please and thank you. :wave:

2. Leave it out in the sun, put it in the toaster oven for a bit, put it in foil in a pair of pants in the dryer idk.

Whatcha doin with it brotha? Lord knows there has been times when I've been out of weed and found an excuse to clean my pipe and get a little buzz at the same time.

3. Put it on some computer paper squeeze then scrap it back up

4. Do what the above posters said.

But resin, yuck.

5. You could always put some ash on it, like off a ciggarette.

6. go somewhere with this shit man. Theres no reason its a bad idea.

7. @SmokeyH

So by implication, you're saying that it's a good idea? It's not! He'll literally be smoking tar. TAR! I mean come on; that cannot be good for your lungs. Dude, you don't want to win a Darwin award, now do you?

8. Resin is actually condensed smoke. When smoke, which is pretty hot, comes in contact with glass, which is relatively cold by comparison, it does this scientific process called condensation. The gaseous material goes to liquid form. This is resin.

Whatever smoke is closest to the walls of the glass you're smoking from, it has a higher chance of going from gas to liquid and collecting on the glass.

The other 95% of the the volume of smokes goes into your lungs. The smoke is made of the SAME material and ratios of actives:inactive cannabinoids and plant matter is the same as resin that collects. It goes and collects in your throat and lungs instead of the glass.

So, no, resin really isn't all that bad as you make it out to be. Smoking in general is bad. But we accept that risk, and in moderation, our lungs can easily clear the resin that condenses in our lungs via coughing and mucus.

TL;DR:

Resin is the same exact thing as what you smoked. It is no worse than smoking is.

9. So ... resin isn't actually resin, it's smoke? And, say on the off chance, that the actives become inactive after a set period of time, would it not mean that the "resin" won't get you highn seeing as it is stale smoke?

10. Resin is the residue from smoke, not smoke
    "actives" don't become inactive

11. It's condensed smoked. How do you think resin gets there? Your glass has mythical abilities to absorb plant matter?

No, the gaseous smoke goes to liquid, then the liquid dries up and you end up with a more solid resin..

Stale smoke is smoke left in a chamber for a long period of time. Not really the same thing as smoke condensing into a liquid.

And it will get you high, there is still THC, CBD left in it. The same proportion that was in the smoke you ingested to be exact. But you are right, when you smoke the resin, you will convert more active material into the inactive material, which is why you get a very stoney high from smoking resin. The inactive versions of THC and CBD produce a more medicating and narcotic type of high than THC and CBD normally do.

Resin has a higher ratio of inactive:active. There is still active material in there too, just a small amount than the original. But it will and can get you high. It's no placebo effect.

My point originally was that the resin isn't any more dangerous than the smoke you already inhaled. It is the same exact thing.

12. haha owned 'em.

smoked so much resin last week because of a dry town. :smoke:

13. For the record I wasn't calling you stupid or anything stoner*, it wasn't that you didnt know but the way you presented your opinion, that made me say that instead of just educating you like sheldon :smoking:

14. What I was getting at was, trying to find out from you educated folk, whether the THC degrades over time; that's what I meant by stale smoke. So does it? Or is it just preserved by my bong's fucking awesomeeness?

15. Since when do you need to dry resin? Whenever I scrape my bowls it is always dry.. Also do not use heat to dry it because it will eat up most of the thc and u wont get nearly as high, cheers :bongin: