Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

fare well mary jane, i loved you so

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PlAsId HiT, Mar 14, 2010.

1. so just last night i found out my girlfriend has a BIG problam with smoking. she cant controlle it and shes a drug addict in the making if she keeps smoking. addiction runs in her family and her mom is like a crack addict. ever sence i let my girlfriend smoke for her first time, thats like all she talks about and all she wants to do and i could see this becoming a big problam in the future.

so sence she has to stop smoking, i feel i need to so i dont feel like a hypocrit. so goodbye mary jane, i loved you but i love someone else more. :(

2. Sucks man, hope your making the right choice! :p

3. we all love,the herb

but theres better things out their

4. You can't get addicted to bud. But I'm sorry to hear that man, I hope everything ends up okay. Mary Jane will always be here for you :smoking:

5. how is smoking weed going to be a bad thing if you don't mind me asking

6. #6 vinnya, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2010

The problem is that all of you don't know how to smoke in moderation!!!! Do you people know what that word means??? I hate to come on like a killjoy, but let's face it, if you smoke in moderation, like I do, then there never is a problem with being lazy. In fact, if i smoke in moderation (for me that's about 4 to 5 hits at a time, and not smoking again for a couple hours) I am very motivated, relaxed and I even am able to focus better on what I am doing. Anything, and I mean anything is better when done in moderation. You must be fairly young, you will (hopefully) learn this as you get older. I am 51 now and have been smoking for almost 40 years. Right now as I write this, I am on a hiatus from smoking for about a week and a half. This is all I need because I only smoke 1 to 2 joints a day, so I doesn't take long for my body to rid itself of the THC stored in my fat cells (In fact, because pot is stored in the fat cells, I still feel high for a while until most or all of it is burned out of my system.). This happens because your body, after burning carbs, burns fat. And that fat reintroduces the THC back into the body. This is especially true for anyone who works out and does cardio, who works doing physical labor, or someone who doesn't eat enough carbs and works (like myself). A half ounce will usually last me over 3 weeks! That's good for 2 reasons. The first being that pot is so damn expensive ( I pay $500 and ounce for mine), and the second being I don't become a "space case" and get stupid from smoking too much. But then again, I try and get sativa when possible. Sometimes when that is not possible, I control the amount i use. I recommend that all of you take some time off from smoking (I would say about 1 to 3 months or more depending on how much you smoke and the potency and type of smoke) then just do it in moderation and there should be no reason whatsoever why you can't continue to smoke and function normally. Then every couple of months or so, take a week off to clean out. I would also try to get the best pot possible. Save your money while you are on hiatus and after a couple of months, see if you can get some good pot (In the $400 to $500 dollar range, if you don't already get this type of smoke. You will find that you won't need nearly as much and, most importantly, you spare your lungs from the effects of the smoke, which can eventuall give you emphysema).
    As for PlAsID Hit at the top of this blog, that stopped smoking because his girlfriend might be a junkie, all I can say is that I feel bad for him. Some people just can't control themselves. There is some defective gene somewhere in their body that forces them to crave the drugs and they have no control over it. I have many friends(A lifelong friend of mine just died last year from a heart attack due to his alcoholism. He was only 48) who are like that. Sometimes there is nothing you can do. They're just wired that way. It's sad but true. I have to give him credit, though. To give up what you love because you love somebody is very noble. I wish him a lot of luck and hope it works out for him.

7. i would be careful when you say nobody here knows how to smoke in moderation. i have made an 8th last me 3 weeks before.

8. Going on 4 weeks for me right now on an 8th...

9. Exactly, dude!!! The key words here are "a little"!

10. yeah an 8th lasts me AT LEAST 3 weeks usually a month

11. I once had this problem. I have an extremely addictive personality. Try working on her discipline so she can only smoke on weekends or such.

12. Great avatar.

Maybe you should at least try moderation with her before quitting all together? Either way it's up to you and I wish you the best with your choice.

13. "That's good for 2 reasons. The first being that pot is so damn expensive ( I pay $500 and ounce for mine), and the second being I don't become a "space case" and get stupid from smoking too much."

Damn sounds like you must have a problem paying $500 for an ounce of a plant

14. How in god's name is that considered "moderation?" Seriously... I was thinking moderation applied to smoking only on the weekends. I would say you've got a lot to learn about what moderation means, but you're already 51 for Christ's sakes!

15. You'll smoke again ;)

But good job, Respect.

16. i wish i could smoke in moderation. no matter how much i buy its gone in a week.

17. That's what we all say. But i don't truly believe that. There ARE withdrawals you get from not having it and you do want it almost all the time if you like smoking, so honestly yes you can e addicted to it. Just nobody is willing to admit they are.

18. Im addicted, it sucks. So good luck to ya dude!

19. I hope you realize that moderation is different for everyone. Some can smoke multiple times per day and still do what they need to get done. And others can't. So I wouldn't say that he has something to learn about moderation.

20. #20 tac8998, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010

how would u be a hypocrit? your not the one with a problem. Dont take this the wrong way, what your doing is comendable...BUT she needs to be the one to realize the problem lays with her and not you. So i feel as long as your not an enabler and not putting her down for smoking i dont see you as a hypocrit.

Also another beef i have is with the people who are talking about making a 8th last for 3-4 weeks, sorry but not 1 seasoned toker i know can do that. about a week and that is smoking very moderatly.