far cry is fucking AMAZING

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Wizards, Dec 29, 2012.

1. You're probably referring to the one connected to the "bridge" of sorts.

2. Far Cry 3 is very good by all means, certainly an improvement over its predecessor that had a few design flaws which have been corrected in this latest iteration.

The star of the game is the landscape, and the most pleasing aspect of the game is the freedom you have to go about doing all the stuff you need to do. Like taking out pirate camps and most of the quests and missions.

But there is a few things I find annoying or just redundant. Like manually having to loot dead pirates or loot-chests. not to mention manually having to pick up relics, memory cards and lost letters. It should be done automatically or at least just require a small tap on the interact button rather than holding it down for seconds.

A few of the story-missions are also rather bland. A throwback to old-skool gaming where you try, die and try again until you got it all so memorized that you manage to finish the mission. Like the house on fire mission pretty early on. No freedom in it, just having to go through the motions. The "shooter on rails" mission right after is another old trick up the game-designers posterior. The flaw with these, is that they are not challenging, and again no freedom in it.

And the co-op is pretty mediocre. A throwback to the Half-Life school of game design.

But these are all minor flaws all in all. The total package easily make it (in my book) the best open-world game since Mafia 2. And unlike that game, this is First Person, which make it even better. Not a fan of looking over the shoulder of my character :)

Oh, and not tried multiplayer yet, so can't comment on that experience.

3. I loved how psychedelic some of the parts were.
    Overall it was a fun game, but I don't see myself doing another playthrough for a long time.

4. got all the radio towers, just have 2 or 3 more outposts to capture, then idk what to do..
    i geuss find the relics and do the rest of the bulletin board missions. lol i dont want this game to end

it wouldve been amazing if it was as big as and had as much or more content compared to skyrim. it really was too short for how good of a game it is

they shouldve scrapped the multiplayer and just added a shitload more content to singleplayer, on the level of skyrim

5. Yeah those privateers are pretty fucking resistant to bullets, I emptied a whole clip of SMG rounds point blank into this guy and he just kinda stumbled and kept shooting.

6. I am going to have to agree with you. I bought the game for the muiltyplayer because i remeber how much fun i had on farcry2 muilty. Now i am hooked on the game itself while i never play the muilty lol

7. yep...and its a damn shame because nobody plays multiplayer in this game anyway. ive been stuck in a multiplayer lobby with 1 other person for 15 minutes, tried co op, and got the same result. i know people are playing this game but everyones in story mode haha

if they wouldve just left out multiplayer and focused on making the singleplayer much more in depth and longer it would be so mmuch better

8. Yeah, it's a good game. But the story is too fucking short.

9. Yeah, this was a game in the process of being changed, the first and second one were good but not on par with 3, hopefully they can figure their shit out for number 4 cause i would def. play it.

And yeah, who the fuck wants to play mp on farcry anyways.

10. they tried to make it like cod and it doesnt fuckin work at all haha. now if they had a mode where u could roam the island freely with a group of buddies, that would be the shit

11. Well with the release of this game hopefully they won't feel the need to try and compete with other games and just release a real farcry game, rather than farcry 3 with shitty mp.

12. #52 Ryan Donnelly, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
    yea for sure

i hope they realized they fucked up with the multiplayer and this will just be a mistake to learn from when making far cry 4

what they should do is get rid of the team deathmatch type shit, cuz far cry's not one of those types of games, and make a free mode mp similar to gta or red dead redemption free mode. how badass would that be, running around the island solo or with friends and seeing different online people too just fuckin around killing pirates or riding jetskis

13. I don't understand why i cant unload a LMG on the enemy from a jetski, what the fuck farcry.

14. Anybody use the far cry 3 mobile app? Its a brilliant idea, you can control the decoders and change your loadouts from your phone.

Except it doesnt work! Force closes everytime.

15. I think FC3 has topped my fav game list of 2012 its fucken amazing! Amazing graphics, amazing gameplay, amazing characters just amazing, i wish it was online though the maps arnt that massive some could fit a few players on. Just finishing liberating the second map time to finish story mode peace bros!

16. Same, the second part is alot easier than i thought it was gonna but, but im done all my crafting and have all sig weapons so its too easy now lol

17. hoyt's island is a lot tougher than vaas's for sure but just as fun

18. Once you beat it, there's really no point to keep it, but great fucking game.

19. Sig weapons are mint love the shredder and bushmaster! I clear every outpost with the sniper rifle though lol

20. I just rifle the alarm and good to go.