Far Cry 3

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Frösty, Mar 22, 2013.

1. So I searched a bit and went back a few pages in this forum and couldn't find a topic on this game so sorry if there is.

I got super baked at a buddies house the other day and he had far cry 3. Oh my jesus this game is the tits, anybody else play it? He had it on ps3 and I own a 360 but either way I am thinking about purchasing it now.

2. have been renting it now for about 4 days, first time I played for a str8 5 hours....story mode

3. It's well worth it. I have it on PC, and it's beautiful.

4. It's a freaking epic game, and the kill sequences are sickkkk

5. What do you guys have it on? Xbox 360 or ps3? I saw that the used version of the 360 was like 20 bucks cheaper than ps3, fucks with that? It looks like suchhhh an awesome game, I still haven't even beat my gta 4 storymode yet so I gotta beat that before I start playing this game:p (I am not a huge video game dude anymore, used to be hugeeee into it back during ps2 days)

6. Maybe it was a used copy? And I have it on my PS3 and should torrent it for my PC sometime soon too!

7. Ya it was, but I was looking at both used, both online and in stores and there was quite a big difference between 360 and ps3 prices for the games. I know nothing about newer games or anything about actual like hardware or specs of the systems so could it be that the 360 version just isn't as graphically awesome or not as great? I thought I heard (not remembering atm if it was a legit source or not) that ps3 games have more capability because ps3 is basically a better system as far as specs and disc space etc, like I said though I could just be talking bullshit so don't scream at me if I am :p

8. I love far cry so much. It's just so damn good. It takes a lot for me to get hooked on a game,but far cry did a real good job of that.

9. Love setting things on fire in this game

10. This game is epic. I played the first two Far Cry games, and when I first picked up Far Cry 3 I was shocked. It felt nothing like the first two games, but I was pleasantly surprised by the changes.

I loved using grenade arrows! Also the flamethrower is hilariously awesome, burning up the weed fields to a Damian Marley song made this game for me.:D
    Didn't feel bad since that weed belonged to a psychopath drug dealer lol.

Only thing I miss is the map editor from the first two. You could get so creative with it, then play the maps with your buddies.

11. This is not the first thread on FC3. but it's a very good game, so I suppose it deserves more than one :)

Only thing not quite up to par with the game is the co-op and multiplayer. Both are bland and run of the mill for the genre. But it matters not. The FC franchise have always been a single-player game, that is where the meat is. And FC3 does just that better than any other game I've played the last couple of years. Looks great and plays even better.

Only thing in the single-player I'd have to complain about, is a couple of the hunter missions where you got to kill some ferocious carnivore with a bow and arrow. Other than that, it's pretty much perfect for what it is. A single player first person story driven open world shooter. That was a mouth-full huh?! :D

12. Map editor? This was my first time playing a far cry game so you should explain what the map editor did

What is co op and multiplayer like?

13. farcry 3 is my favourite game so far, and the achievements are fairly easy to get too, its the first game ive ever got the max amount of gamerscore on