Fantasy Football (Soccer) - English Premier League

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Beanbag, Aug 6, 2011.

1. #21 Beanbag, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
    Well now our league only shows 14 and I can't even see myself on the league list. I think they might be having some issues. Guess we'll see what happens.

If anyone can get in and look at the league list, could you do a count and check for my team FC Train Wreck?

Thanks all!

2. You are showing up when I look at it, though it only shows 15 teams. I've read that some other leagues have been having these kind of problems as well. I bet it'll get ironed out though.

3. #23 Beanbag, Aug 13, 2011
    Ok I currently see 19 teams in our league, which seems right and the season kickoff is in like 5 minutes!

With the current player count you have a 1 in 6 chance of winning at least one seed so make sure to update your rosters and post your shit talk here for all of us to enjoy.

I want to say thank you to all of our players and wish good luck to everyone!

Are you ready for some football?!

4. #24 Beanbag, Aug 13, 2011
    Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 - Starting Roster

Team (Forum Handle)
    1. FC Train Wreck (Beanbag)
    2. Chocolope United
    3. Hajduk Spliff
    4. Hey BUDdy
    5. American Cheddar
    6. nottight
    7. Cheezel FC
    8. Mojo So Dope
    9. FC Relegation
    10. Cinemetropolis
    11. Drumcode's Army
    12. doz
    13. J Master
    14. Blue Waffle
    15. MrktStrtMyhm
    16. Andrejmia
    17. MUFC RED DEVILS
    18. GREEN MACHINE
    19. NotoriousCheech

The teams are currently in order by when each team joined the league. The top 3 sides are in bold to show who is in the "seed zone" as we progress through the season. After Week 1 we will post new results and they will be in performance order.

If you would like your forum account listed with your team just claim it and I'll update the roster.

Good luck everyone!

5. Can you guys log in?
    Its timing out for me connecting to users.premierleague

6. I've been logged in all morning but it does seem a bit slow at the moment. Login link should be fantasy.premierleague.com.

7. #27 footballerus7, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks I got in now.

How are your teams looking at the moment? I think I have some solid points coming in. Hat trick for Rooney anyone?

8. Not really they just ask you who you support and give you the next home game that is at least 1 week away :)

9. Well Carroll didn't score so I don't think he got me any points. You are able to see everyone's team once they are locked in. Just click the Manger Name and then Gameweek 1 and you can see their team.

Lots of folks obviously didn't check before today as they have injured players on their roster etc. Hopefully we'll see some participation but right now I'm "pending" ;)

10. yeah i had a late night last night and forgot to change my team lol :(

11. This has been pretty abject for me so far...

12. One game still to play but here is a quick preview of the current GW1 top three:

1. MUFC RED DEVILS 48 points
    2. Andrejmia 40 points
    3. FC Train Wreck 39 points

MUFC RED DEVILS pulled out to a commanding 8 point lead on second place Andrejmia. The one two punch of setting Rooney as Captain, doubling his 6 point score to 12 and selecting defender Gary Cahill proved to be an unstoppable combination.

QPR's shellacking by Bolton 0-4 during their home and season opener saw Cahill post a massive 11 points, putting him 3 points above second place defender Stephen Ward of Wolves. Cahill's point total breaks down like this:

1x Yellow Card -1
    Clean Sheet (Defender) 4
    90 Minutes Played 2
    1x Goals Scored (Defender) 6

With Man City v Swansea still to play, MUFC RED DEVILS point total should continue to climb as both Hart and Kompany appear on the squad roster. Second and third position are still up for grabs as their are several contenders within a few points of the top 3 but it looks to me like our current leader will cruise to a GW1 victory.

Full table tomorrow after the match. Cheers!

13. Just wanted to throw up the GW1 table before work...

#\tTeam\t GW1 TOT
    1\tMUFC RED DEVILS\t70\t70
    2\tdoz\t \t63\t63
    3\tFC Train Wreck\t\t62\t62
    4\tAndrejmia\t\t 56\t56
    5\tGREEN MACHINE\t\t47\t47
    6\tCinemetropolis\t\t46\t46
    7\tBlue Waffle\t\t 46\t46
    8\tQueens Park Colts\t46\t46
    9\tFC Relegation\t\t45\t45
    10\tMojo So Dope\t\t44\t44
    11\tMrktStrtMyhm\t\t44\t44
    12\tHey BUDdy \t43\t43
    13\tJ Master\t\t 40\t40
    14\tHajduk Spliff\t\t38\t38
    15\tnottight\t\t 38\t38
    16\tDrumcode's Army\t38\t38
    17\tNotoriousCheech 32\t32
    18\tChocolope United\t26\t26
    19\tAmerican Cheddar\t23\t23
    20\tCheezel FC\t\t 21\t21

Congratulations to MUFC RED DEVILS for pulling out an impressive 70 point victory on Game Week 1. doz with the late push moves into second place with 63 points.

Get those transfers done and your teams set up for GW2. Let's get it on!

14. #35 footballerus7, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
  15. 41 transfers so far... will it ever end??

16. #37 Beanbag, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
    Ok so I took a screenshot because it's likely I'll never, even if I play fantasy football for the rest of my life, do this well again.
    -

[​IMG]

-
    I can't actually believe it but I'm number 1 in every league I've joined except FantasyFootballScout as they didn't start scoring until week 2.

Even better I'm number one in the entire USA, number three in the entire Arsenal public league and number 33 world wide. This will change tomorrow, I'm sure as there are more games to be played. Hopefully Silva and Young can pull in another point or two for me.

Exciting, crazy and surely only a moment in the pan but still... thanks all for helping me do so well as I wouldn't have even played if we didn't have a league.

Peace!

17. nice bean! i really wish i knew more about soccer. i joined a friends group on espn and havnt been keeping up with it atall but im in fourth out of 8-9 people somehow. I just dont know what to do! hahah.

best of luck brotha!

18. #39 Beanbag, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
    Use this man ratemyteam.co.uk it will help a lot. Fast tips:

1. Don't have more than one player from a team on the same line (defense, mid or attacker).
    2. Don't have more than 3 players from the same team.
    3. Use the site above and the actual fantasy site to see your players opponents for the next few weeksand try for easier matchups.
    4. When reviewing players to use on the fantasy site, sort by Teams Selected By % rather than points. This will show you which players are popular.
    5. Spend your money on mid field and defense as they score more points for goals etc.
    6. If your team is totally fucked you can use your wildcard and replace all your players on a free transfer.

Good luck!

19. i always was thinking using 2 -3 players from the same team would be smart, for example 1 striker 2 midlefielder?
    wouldnt it make for higher chance of more assist's/goals? or am i way off lol :smoking: