Fantasy Football 2014-2015

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by LIsmoker, Jul 11, 2013.

• Like Like x 2
  1. I'm planning on using league safe.

It's pretty easy and it works great.

Awesome man, got you down.

2. So far we've got 5 members committed to the league:

SSSD
    Zilla
    Stickey
    Leo Washington
    and Me.

Need at least 3 more and I'll go ahead and create the league on ESPN.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I'm down if you can't find anyone else. Been playing fantasy since 08'

• Like Like x 2
  4. Got you down man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You down?

6. I am

• Like Like x 1
  7. Awesome.

We've got 7 teams so far. Hopefully we can get a few more. The more the better, but we'll probably want to cap it at around 14, would be sweet if we got that many. I think last year we had 12 ??

I'll give anyone up until towards the end of August for a chance to claim a spot, then I'll go ahead and create the league. Draft sometime during the week of Sept. 4-10.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Another thing:

We'll need to decide if we want to do a small buy in to league to make it a bit more competitive. The past couple years we've been doing a $4.20 buy in and the winner at the end comes away with around $50 or so, depending on how many are participating in the league. We could up the buy in if we end up having a small number of teams or we could just do it for fun, too. However, I don't want that to decrease the competitiveness of the league and having guys get lazy with their line-up adjustments.

Another thing we'll have to decide on is if we want to do a standard scoring or do a PPR league. Ultimately, I'll leave all of this up to you guys. Just voice your opinions and let me know what you guys are thinking.

9. I say PPR and I'm open to whatever buy in. I like gambling ha ha... last year we had only eight teams I thought, maybe 10? My team was fucking good and the FA pool was ridiculous. We could do a bigger buy in, maybe even like $10 or $20 per person and then give first place all the money except the 10 or 20 (that would go back to 2nd place). Just my thoughts, as it would make people want to try harder.

Also, you mentioned a draft Sept. 4-10 -- but the season starts Sept. 8. I liked the online ESPN live draft we did last year. Went fast (and a couple people never even showed up haha).

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yeah, that's a good idea. Just hoping everyone is on board one way or another.

I was thinking about drafting around that time to give everyone time to pay up their dues and so we can see if any key players get hurt during pre-season or whatever. We'll definitely draft before the first game though. Last year we had 10 teams and our rosters were kinda stacked, but it was pretty competitive. Would like to have around that number again. Right now we have 7, so 8 would work, too. Hopefully we can get a few more though.

11. Word em up. I'm excited. I've only ever played ppr, so I'm down with that. 4.20 buy in sounds good, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. I run a couple other leagues and my advice would be to make sure you are paid up BEFORE the draft. Otherwise, some people might try to re-neg if they have a shitty draft or miss the draft, etc. Word to the fuckin' wise.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah, I'll set up the league safe this weekend so we can get guys all paid up ready to go.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ppr is cool with me

I'll buy in for anything up to 100$, as well. I too like to gamble

• Like Like x 3
  15. I'm cool with any buy-in, no big deal, only makes the league that much better. I don't care whether it is PPR or standard either but I would like to do no more than a 12 man league. Even in my other 12 men leagues the Free Agency pickups are basically non-existent barring an injury to a main guy.

I'm trying to get into the coveted "Big Money League" around my parts, two conferences of 10 teams each, $500 each team and 1$ every pickup/drop on your roster. My brother has been in it for a couple years now, he was on the waiting list for like 4 years. He told me I've been put on the list so my buddy and I would probably split a team.

Have you guys noticed how shitty yahoo has become? I used to like it way more than ESPN but now it is just as bad.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Im cool with whatever buy-in and im used to ppr but dont care either way...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cool Cool...

Looks like everyone so far is down with ppr and a buy-in. Also, the league will be played through ESPN.. So make sure you have an active account and an email ready to share with me through PM's. I'll be hitting you guys up individually to get that info once the league is created and the league safe is all set up.

• Like Like x 2