fan trouble

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AusToker, May 26, 2006.

1. ok my space is exactly L 1.5feet, W 1.5feet, H 5feet with a 250w light. it heats up like a mofo so i was wondering if one outake computer fan would keep it cool? or would i need an in and an out fan. my reflector is just a normal reflector that holds the light no cooling hood or wateva. Would a normal oscillating fan be ok?

AusToker

2. An oscellating fan would be a good edition, but not enough by itself. What i did was get a PC power supply, a cheap one at that. I souldered together the white and green wires and now it works without having to be connected to the MB. Double check the green and white, im not positive and at my grow currently to check. I have 3 120mm fans. 1 intake 1 outake and 1 on the top of my light. Go to newegg.com. They have some great deals on fans.

3. Sounds like you don't currently have an exhaust fan. You need that. If you are trying to manage extreme heat (you didn't say) then I think a computer fan won't do it. We can't tell you from here if you need active intake as well, but it couldn't hurt.