Fan Size

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by crazycanadian, Aug 18, 2014.

1. \t\t\t\they guys....gonna buy a fan/filter combo...doing a little set up 500 watts....3x3 tent...SOG....im debating whether or not a 6 in fan/filter combo will be too strong -ie suck the walls of my tent in or if a 4 in fan/filter will be better suited for removing all the smell/heat in such a small place...if i buy the 6 in and then need a fan speed control it seems like it would make more sense just to buy the 4 inch from the start?

\t\t\t\tnote the 4 inch is 175 cfm and the 6 inch is 430 cfm

\t\t\t\tthanks guys!
    \t\t\t\t\t 

2. set up is vertical btw....will be running my 1000watter on half power since im in a very draconian state and want to stay well under the radar

3. Good question. I just got a 4inch hurricane from a buddy and its pretty damn strong. I'd like to see the answers u get. Sounds like a sweet set up though.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I have a 3x3x6 Secret Jardin tent and I have to say a 4" canfan doesn't cut it for me. Considering the small price bump you get a massive amount of extra CFM. I'd say go for the 6". I wish I had, now I'm stuck with the 4". Oh well, I'll find a home for it! haha